Remove Spring Leafs? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 07:30 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Remove Spring Leafs?

Would it be okay to remove a single leaf from rear spring assembly?

.......If so, which leaf would be best (safest) to remove?

I'm trying to lower the rear end of my truck between 0.5" <---> 1.0"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
Would it be okay to remove a single leaf from rear spring assembly?

.......If so, which leaf would be best (safest) to remove?

I'm trying to lower the rear end of my truck between 0.5" <---> 1.0"
Since these trucks (assuming that you have an F250) only have 2 main leafs plus a lower overload I would not suggest removing any leafs. You could however get a 1" block to replace the 2" block.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 AM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
Since these trucks (assuming that you have an F250) only have 2 main leafs plus a lower overload I would not suggest removing any leafs. You could however get a 1" block to replace the 2" block.
Good to know! I'll be leaving the leaf springs alone. I have a 6 inch lift so I would need to get a block thats an inch shorter than the current one.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Good to know! I'll be leaving the leaf springs alone. I have a 6 inch lift so I would need to get a block thats an inch shorter than the current one.
Icon offers a 5" block. I have one with my mini pack

Brett
Old 02-03-2014, 09:34 AM
POWERCHOKER

I wish there was another way to slightly rake my truck upward. I'm afraid a full inch might be too much. The truck sits basically level, but at times it looks slightly downward raked. Also, when the tailgate is down, it's definitely not flat or level (that may have something to do with the platinum thing on the back of the tailgate). I need to use a leveling tool to see if it's not my imagination. It might be the way the truck is designed in regards to the overall shape of the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Remove Spring Leafs?-img_0684.jpg   Remove Spring Leafs?-img_0688.jpg  
Old 02-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Long Member

Your truck looks great to me bro. If you do go with different blocks I may take the old ones off your hands. Local pick-up!!
Old 02-03-2014, 11:26 AM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAG6.0 View Post
Your truck looks great to me bro. If you do go with different blocks I may take the old ones off your hands. Local pick-up!!
I'm going to wait it out a bit before I do anything drastic. After I install the fender flares, put on some rear traction bars, and get a toolbox in the bed, I may look at it again and come to the conclusion that it sits fine. Meanwhile, I'm going to find my leveling tool and see if the thing is slightly raked forward.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:03 PM

I think it would look bad to drop the rear down at all. It will have the look that lifted Chevys have driving down the road. Almost like they sit when they pee if you know what I mean. Have you put a tape to it? That would be the most accurate way, just measure from the ground to the middle of the wheel well. The DS should sit a hair lower if your full of fuel too.

I'll measure mine in the morning to give you something to compare against.

Brett
Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
I think it would look bad to drop the rear down at all. It will have the look that lifted Chevys have driving down the road. Almost like they sit when they pee if you know what I mean.

Brett
Haha...That's a pretty good analogy

Yeah I measured when the lift was first put on and it was definitely even. The truck looks level 90% of the time and I'm pretty sure the other 10% is due to the uneven ground that it happens to be sitting on. That's why I was interested in just removing a single leaf spring because they're only like 0.5" thick. I'm turned off easily by the factory raked look. I know once I have a load in the back I'd regret it if I did anything to the leveling of the truck. When I get a filled up toolbox in the bed the truck ought to sit just how I like it probably 100% of the time. I think this case is solved. I'm just going to leave it alone.
rustyshakelford likes this.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Haha...That's a pretty good analogy

Yeah I measured when the lift was first put on and it was definitely even. The truck looks level 90% of the time and I'm pretty sure the other 10% is due to the uneven ground that it happens to be sitting on. That's why I was interested in just removing a single leaf spring because they're only like 0.5" thick. I'm turned off easily by the factory raked look. I know once I have a load in the back I'd regret it if I did anything to the leveling of the truck. When I get a filled up toolbox in the bed the truck ought to sit just how I like it probably 100% of the time. I think this case is solved. I'm just going to leave it alone.

It's the difference in fender gaps to the body line! The front fender is cut an inch higher then the rear! Look up PMF suspensions...they've blocks in all sizes in half inch increments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.