Anyone Have Major Problems After Deletes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 12:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone Have Major Problems After Deletes?

Title pretty much says it all. I wanted to see if anyone had major warranty problems after the deletes, and if the dealer did anything to help out or not.

My 2013 just hit 5000mi, and overall I love the truck, but I have never broken 17mpg on the highway unloaded even with troq2.2. My truck is also registered in a county where smog or emissions testing is not done, so I am good there.

I am looking at picking up a HS XRT race tuner soon, since I already have an edge insight monitor, and I don't care about changing programs on the fly.

I am looking at just the stock tuning with deletes, I don't need or want any extra power, I just want my truck to be more reliable and not restricted to an engine shut down if one of my egt sensors goes. Oh yeah, and a bit more mileage would be great.

I so far I have narrowed it down to just a delete programmer, and a delete pipe. I think I may leave the EGR intact, or may use the programmer to shut it off, but not looking to do blocker plates. I want to be able to swap it back pretty quick incase I have to get to the dealer ( not concerned about warranty, but more about the epa police LOL).

My dealer said that they do not care about programers, but I know they don't hold the purse strings for warranty repairs.

I guess I am just rambling on, but wanted to see if anyone had a legit warranty repair after a delete ( IE a HPFP going boom).

Thanks for any advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

problems after tune.

Would love to hear some answers on this also. Just got a race tuner for my '13. Buying everything else to delete within next month or so. Not going to change my mind just would like to hear what to look for.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

im going on close to 20,000 miles since deleted and truck has 100,000 on her now and no huge issues so far. I at first didn't do the egr delete just had it shut off with the programmer but I eventually did the egr delete and the truck seems to run a little better with it off as well. only issue I had was self induced because I was out hammering on her and blew a couple exhaust manifold bolts out but dealer replaced them under warrenty for me. Delete friendly dealers are great.
The Following User Says Thank You to skinnysfd For This Useful Post:
DinoB (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My back tires struggle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-31-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw713713 View Post
My back tires struggle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Well played, lol
Old 01-31-2014, 06:25 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysfd View Post
im going on close to 20,000 miles since deleted and truck has 100,000 on her now and no huge issues so far. I at first didn't do the egr delete just had it shut off with the programmer but I eventually did the egr delete and the truck seems to run a little better with it off as well. only issue I had was self induced because I was out hammering on her and blew a couple exhaust manifold bolts out but dealer replaced them under warrenty for me. Delete friendly dealers are great.
How hard were you hammering to blow a couple exhaust manifold bolts? Have any tips for me to avoid doing the same?
Old 01-31-2014, 06:31 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb880 View Post
Title pretty much says it all. I wanted to see if anyone had major warranty problems after the deletes, and if the dealer did anything to help out or not.

My 2013 just hit 5000mi, and overall I love the truck, but I have never broken 17mpg on the highway unloaded even with troq2.2. My truck is also registered in a county where smog or emissions testing is not done, so I am good there.

I am looking at picking up a HS XRT race tuner soon, since I already have an edge insight monitor, and I don't care about changing programs on the fly.

I am looking at just the stock tuning with deletes, I don't need or want any extra power, I just want my truck to be more reliable and not restricted to an engine shut down if one of my egt sensors goes. Oh yeah, and a bit more mileage would be great.

I so far I have narrowed it down to just a delete programmer, and a delete pipe. I think I may leave the EGR intact, or may use the programmer to shut it off, but not looking to do blocker plates. I want to be able to swap it back pretty quick incase I have to get to the dealer ( not concerned about warranty, but more about the epa police LOL).

My dealer said that they do not care about programers, but I know they don't hold the purse strings for warranty repairs.

I guess I am just rambling on, but wanted to see if anyone had a legit warranty repair after a delete ( IE a HPFP going boom).

Thanks for any advise.

That's the exact set up im running the XRT and Insight combo is awesome. but im just being honest don't get your hopes up on gas mileage the increase is very minimal if at all if you can keep your foot out of it. The reliability on the other hand and leaps and bounds beyond stock . I idle my truck ALOT and my oil still looks very good compared to a non deleted truck . Ive been deleted for 8k and would never go back.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
How hard were you hammering to blow a couple exhaust manifold bolts? Have any tips for me to avoid doing the same?
i was on it really hard set on the warhammer tune and think I already had an issue before the programmer but I honestly think the programmer didn't help it and I know the hotrodding that night didn't either. I have not run the warhammer since because I tow almost everyday and Spartan recommends the 120 tune. i do see better mileage when i run it on the 165 tune but don't want to damage anything because i pull. im gonna run the warhammer this weekend cause i have to make a trip to Denver Colorado for a couple meetings and ill see what she does. My advice is definatley do the deletes but as stated before you wont see mileage gain right away because you are gonna be so happy with your " new" truck that your right foot will be heavy for a while. Hands down best thing i ever did was delete and only regret is that i should have done it sooner.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:56 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysfd View Post
i was on it really hard set on the warhammer tune and think I already had an issue before the programmer but I honestly think the programmer didn't help it and I know the hotrodding that night didn't either. I have not run the warhammer since because I tow almost everyday and Spartan recommends the 120 tune. i do see better mileage when i run it on the 165 tune but don't want to damage anything because i pull. im gonna run the warhammer this weekend cause i have to make a trip to Denver Colorado for a couple meetings and ill see what she does. My advice is definatley do the deletes but as stated before you wont see mileage gain right away because you are gonna be so happy with your " new" truck that your right foot will be heavy for a while. Hands down best thing i ever did was delete and only regret is that i should have done it sooner.
Yeah I'm at 3000 miles right now and I'll be deleted before 5000 miles. I'll be saying goodbye to my warranty when I delete, so I'd better learn how to fix the small problems before they turn into big ones. How did know that you had blown a couple exhaust manifold bolts?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:07 PM

I started to get a high pitched whistle that no one could pinpoint and finally had some exhaust visible from under the hood. Took it to the dealer and they replaced all of em for me under warranty

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.