Auburn gear electric locker for Dana 60! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

User Tag List

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 01-26-2014, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Hoverp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auburn gear electric locker for Dana 60!

I just saw this new locker for Dana 60s . It's a electronic locking diff, which if well designed would be AWESOME for an up fitter switch for our trucks and combine that with our rear ELD would give us true 4x4 when we need it.


Has anyone heard or have any experience with this?

I like the idea of the ELD vs the ARB air compressor locker.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11248601.htm

2014 F350 CC Short bed, Fully loaded, Platinum Edition. 6.7L Scorpion Tuxedo Black. 3.55 ELD, FX4, Sup heater, 5th package , BFG Radial All Terrain: icon_ford:

Last edited by Hoverp; 01-26-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Hoverp is offline  
post #2 of 18 Old 01-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks good I wonder how much it is? I would prefer that vs air driven arb


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
SD6.7 is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington Nevada
Posts: 8,703
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 42 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its not a true locker ...so if that's what you want get a Detroit or ARB.
CT Performance, Inc. is offline  
post #4 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Hoverp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Its not a true locker ...so if that's what you want get a Detroit or ARB.

What is it? Is our factory rear locker a true locker?

2014 F350 CC Short bed, Fully loaded, Platinum Edition. 6.7L Scorpion Tuxedo Black. 3.55 ELD, FX4, Sup heater, 5th package , BFG Radial All Terrain: icon_ford:
Hoverp is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 01:49 PM
LORD OF WAR


 
nelson1each's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mother Rucker
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Interested


87,96,04 F150 gone
2011 F250 6.7L SC Lariat 4x4
"The War Wagon"
5" Flo Pro w/muffler, SDP downpipe, Sinister EGR delete, S&B intake, H&S mini maxx w/ SPE HotX, H&S intercooler pipe, MPD CCV Mod, Top Gun Customz 6" Lift, TGC dual steering stabilizer w/ night hawk shocks, TGC ladder bars, Night hawk 2.65 resi shocks, BMF rehab 20x9 rims with 5" backspacing (0 offset), Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.50x20 tires, SSBC calipers w/Big Bite rotors front & rear, SPE metal oil pan upgrade & full diff lock, Mag-hytech dif cover, Deezee headache rack, Bushwacker fender flares & shocker 540 train horns.
nelson1each is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington Nevada
Posts: 8,703
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 42 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Auburn’s rugged 4-pinion gear design arrangement is designed to exceed the performance of OE and aftermarket differentials alike. “This diff will give drivers total assurance that they won’t break gears when pushing their vehicles to the limit in locked mode,” Forrest added.

When Auburn’s differential is unlocked, or open, it allows each individual wheel to rotate at a variable rate. In its open mode, the new differential provides equal rotational torque to each wheel. Although the wheels may rotate at varying speeds, each applies a similar rotational force, even if one wheel is stationary while the other is revolving.

When the new differential is locked, it forces both wheels to rotate at an equal speed regardless of terrain or traction. In locked mode, each wheel applies a rotational force equal to the conditions and its tractive capacity, so the torque exerted on the differential hemispheres, each side-shaft and wheels can be significantly unequal.
CT Performance, Inc. is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington Nevada
Posts: 8,703
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 42 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Also its got a 1 year warranty vs. ARB's 5 years....
CT Performance, Inc. is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
"Stroker 8"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Full-Time Camper in Ca.
Posts: 5,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 139
Thanked 95 Times in 93 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Auburn’s rugged 4-pinion gear design arrangement is designed to exceed the performance of OE and aftermarket differentials alike. “This diff will give drivers total assurance that they won’t break gears when pushing their vehicles to the limit in locked mode,” Forrest added.

When Auburn’s differential is unlocked, or open, it allows each individual wheel to rotate at a variable rate. In its open mode, the new differential provides equal rotational torque to each wheel. Although the wheels may rotate at varying speeds, each applies a similar rotational force, even if one wheel is stationary while the other is revolving.

When the new differential is locked, it forces both wheels to rotate at an equal speed regardless of terrain or traction. In locked mode, each wheel applies a rotational force equal to the conditions and its tractive capacity, so the torque exerted on the differential hemispheres, each side-shaft and wheels can be significantly unequal.
Is it just me or does that last paragraph contradict itself???

Larry
2015 F-350 CCLB DRW, Lariat Ultimate,
2nd Gen. 6.7L "Scorpion" Turbo Diesel,
440HP/860TQ, Torque Shift 6-speed,
Tuxedo Black W/Charcoal Black Int.,
14,000 LB GVWR,
3:73 Gears W/Limited Slip,
17" Polished Forge Alum. Wheels,
BFG All-Terrain Tires,
Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Pkg.,
Spray In Bed-Liner,
Supplemental Cab Heater,
Camper Pkg.,
Chrome Pkg.,
FX4-Off Road Pkg.,
Upfitter Switches,
Engine Block Heater,
9025 Lbs. on the CAT Scales.

"Mack Daddy Scorpion!"
"Stroker 8" is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Premium Member
 
Big_Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South of Kansas city
Posts: 1,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverp View Post
I just saw this new locker for Dana 60s . It's a electronic locking diff, which if well designed would be AWESOME for an up fitter switch for our trucks and combine that with our rear ELD would give us true 4x4 when we need it.


Has anyone heard or have any experience with this?

I like the idea of the ELD vs the ARB air compressor locker.

Auburn Gear Engineers New, Super-Reliable Electronic Open-to-Lock Differential for Dana 60 Front and Rear Axles
I dont know if you have ever driven, used or owned a new fx4 f150, but they have something like this in them.....when you switch the knob to 4x4 you can also pull the knob toward you, or out.....which locks the rear end so you no longer have I guess what you would call posi trac.....basically no more one wheel peel.
Big_Smokey is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Hoverp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey View Post
I dont know if you have ever driven, used or owned a new fx4 f150, but they have something like this in them.....when you switch the knob to 4x4 you can also pull the knob toward you, or out.....which locks the rear end so you no longer have I guess what you would call posi trac.....basically no more one wheel peel.

Yes, as I stated in my post, I have the ELD REAR in my 2014. which means electronic lock differential. It's not a posi, it's a true open diff until you pull out the knob and it electrically operates the rear diff lock mechanism inside the pumpkin.

My whole point is to put this auburn in the FRONT and control it with an up fitter switch to go from open to locked when in mud or snow. Obviously not made for turning on dry pavement locked.

If this is a good LOCKING unit it would be a sweet way to have real 4x4 not 3x4 which is what we have now with the rear ELD locked and in 4x4.
"Stroker 8" likes this.

2014 F350 CC Short bed, Fully loaded, Platinum Edition. 6.7L Scorpion Tuxedo Black. 3.55 ELD, FX4, Sup heater, 5th package , BFG Radial All Terrain: icon_ford:
Hoverp is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoverp For This Useful Post:
y2kindyz (01-28-2014)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome