New Ford Guy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Ford Guy

Hey Guys

Well I am in the process of ditching my 2011 Cummins and am picking up a 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum (Black) on Monday. This will be my first Ford, I had 2 Duramaxs and 1 Cummins prior to this. I am looking forward to trying out this new truck and hopefully it does not disapoint me ! I have been doing lots of reading on here already and already have a list of stuff to do to the truck. As I have been on previous forums I know the value of the "search" button but am looking for some info I cannot find.

If someone out there could tell me if the following features from H&S are available on the XRT for the Fords as they were with my Ram that would be great. I looked on their website but I heard this tuner is relitivly new for the 14's so I am not sure if it is up to date.

So do all these options work on the Fords as well ?

TPMS: Enable / Disable the Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
Optical Chirp on Lock: Enable / Disable the parking lights flashing when locking the vehicle.
Horn Chirp on Lock: Enable / Disable the horn chirp when locking the vehicle.
Set Headlamp Delay: Enable / Disable the headlamp delay.
Accessory Delay: Enable / Disable the shut-off delay of your radio and accessory system after the key has been turned off.
Fog Lights W/High: Enable / Disable the fog lights staying on when high beams are being used.
Daytime Lights: Enable / Disable the daytime running lights.
Seat Belt Minder: Enable / Disable the chime for the drivers seat belt system. This feature will not disable the seat belt light.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14PlatinumBlack View Post
Hey Guys

Well I am in the process of ditching my 2011 Cummins and am picking up a 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum (Black) on Monday. This will be my first Ford, I had 2 Duramaxs and 1 Cummins prior to this. I am looking forward to trying out this new truck and hopefully it does not disapoint me ! I have been doing lots of reading on here already and already have a list of stuff to do to the truck. As I have been on previous forums I know the value of the "search" button but am looking for some info I cannot find.

If someone out there could tell me if the following features from H&S are available on the XRT for the Fords as they were with my Ram that would be great. I looked on their website but I heard this tuner is relitivly new for the 14's so I am not sure if it is up to date.

TPMS: Enable / Disable the Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
Optical Chirp on Lock: Enable / Disable the parking lights flashing when locking the vehicle.
Horn Chirp on Lock: Enable / Disable the horn chirp when locking the vehicle.
Set Headlamp Delay: Enable / Disable the headlamp delay.
Accessory Delay: Enable / Disable the shut-off delay of your radio and accessory system after the key has been turned off.
Fog Lights W/High: Enable / Disable the fog lights staying on when high beams are being used.
Daytime Lights: Enable / Disable the daytime running lights.
Seat Belt Minder: Enable / Disable the chime for the drivers seat belt system. This feature will not disable the seat belt light.

Thanks in advance
Which model xrt do you have?

Brett
Old 01-11-2014, 07:10 AM

Welcome Aboard! Lots of useful information here to answer all your unanswered questions.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have not picked one up for this new truck yet and the one for my Cummins will be staying with it when it goes.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I have not picked one up for this new truck yet and the one for my Cummins will be staying with it when it goes.
Trading our selling outright?

Brett
Old 01-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Trading, it has to stay in so it does not throw codes as it is fully deleted.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Trading, it has to stay in so it does not throw codes as it is fully deleted.
Are they beating you up on trade. As far as I know they cannot resell it deleted. I've had several friends trade in deleted trucks and they were charged 3k to return it back to stock. If you have your dpf I would sure recommend swapping it back on. That's what I did.

Brett
Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys

TPMS: Enable / Disable the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I know the mini maxx does this i'm sure the xrt does as well
Optical Chirp on Lock: Enable / Disable the parking lights flashing when locking the vehicle. not sure on this but never heard of it
Horn Chirp on Lock: Enable / Disable the horn chirp when locking the vehicle. Not sure on this one either just click it once to look and the horn doesn't go off.
Set Headlamp Delay: Enable / Disable the headlamp delay. You can do this in the truck screen from factory i'm pretty sure
Accessory Delay: Enable / Disable the shut-off delay of your radio and accessory system after the key has been turned off. Not sure on this one either but did find out you don't need key in ignition and the doors can be open and you can turn on the radio not sure for how long.
Fog Lights W/High: Enable / Disable the fog lights staying on when high beams are being used. Theres a trick to this one somewhere on here do a search should find it.
Daytime Lights: Enable / Disable the daytime running lights. Don't think you can do this one but better to have the drl on they only turn on when you put it into gear.
Seat Belt Minder: Enable / Disable the chime for the drivers seat belt system. This feature will not disable the seat belt light. This is in your drivers manual under belt minder it tells you how to disable it very easy to do.
Thanks in advance
Hope this kind of helps lol
Old 01-11-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
Are they beating you up on trade. As far as I know they cannot resell it deleted. I've had several friends trade in deleted trucks and they were charged 3k to return it back to stock. If you have your dpf I would sure recommend swapping it back on. That's what I did.

Brett
Ive seen trucks on lots advertised as being deleted.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Premium Member

I can tell u one thing u won't be disappointed. Traded from 10 to 13 dodges then traded the 13 dodge in on a 14 white platinum. I love it. Love the pecan interior.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.