New 2013 dpf delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 2013 dpf delete

I know there is all kinds of threads about this. But from my understanding I can do the egr and dpf delete and take if back to stock if I need warranty work done. Is it really that easy or am I missing something. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not sure how easy it is yet, but that's what I'm planning on doing. I think the EGR is a simple reconnect and the DPF is harder due to the physical aspect. I've heard someone say on here that they've got the switching method down to less than an hour.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 AM

As long as I can figure out the right parts and tuner I need. The time it takes to swap back and forth want bother me.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:22 AM

If you do the full EGR delete using a kit like sinister or H&S EGR delete kits, it really will NOT be the easy to switch back to stock. I have yet to do this to my truck due to lack of funds because if you do the EGR delete then you also have to do the DPF/SCR at the same time and I don't have the money for both the EGR kit and the exhaust system now thanks to the $1600 I had to spend on the Mini Maxx tuner that has DPF delete capabilities.

So to answer your question I believe it is fairly simple to swap in and out the DPF if you just use a DPF delete pipe as opposed to a full exhaust system. But if you do the EGR delete the way it really should be done using block off plates, that will be a pain to undo
Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 AM
POWERCHOKER

I wasn't planning on using an EGR delete kit, but what is wrong with the unplug method? I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard of people doing that and being able to reconnect it in minutes.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br9 View Post
I know there is all kinds of threads about this. But from my understanding I can do the egr and dpf delete and take if back to stock if I need warranty work done. Is it really that easy or am I missing something. Thanks
Installing the DPF delete pipe the first time is what takes the most time. The ones that I've installed are shipped in two pieces and are not specific to your cab configuration. You must fit & cut one of the pieces, depending on whether you have a regular cab, extended cab or crew cab.

After the pipe is "fit" to your truck, it is as easy as unbolting it from the down pipe and tailpipe, dropping it out of the way, lifting the DPF in place, installing the bolts and installing the sensors.

I've been able to do the swap in about 30 minutes, including returning the truck back to the stock tune.

You need to remember that the tuner will leave it's fingerprint on your truck's ECM and the Dealer can run a diagnostic to see if the engine has been running outside of the stock programming parameters.

They usually won't do this unless you've experienced a catastrophic failure of a turbo, injection system, engine or transmission. Ford is tired of bearing the cost of guys using Race Tuners!

What happens if your truck breaks down and you're 500 miles from home? I guess you can carry your DPF with you when you leave town or have it shipped to you FedEx over-night.

With regards to the EGR: The tuner turns it OFF, so just go that route until you're out of warranty.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckmaniac View Post
Installing the DPF delete pipe the first time is what takes the most time. The ones that I've installed are shipped in two pieces and are not specific to your cab configuration. You must fit & cut one of the pieces, depending on whether you have a regular cab, extended cab or crew cab.

After the pipe is "fit" to your truck, it is as easy as unbolting it from the down pipe and tailpipe, dropping it out of the way, lifting the DPF in place, installing the bolts and installing the sensors.

I've been able to do the swap in about 30 minutes, including returning the truck back to the stock tune.

You need to remember that the tuner will leave it's fingerprint on your truck's ECM and the Dealer can run a diagnostic to see if the engine has been running outside of the stock programming parameters.

They usually won't do this unless you've experienced a catastrophic failure of a turbo, injection system, engine or transmission. Ford is tired of bearing the cost of guys using Race Tuners!

What happens if your truck breaks down and you're 500 miles from home? I guess you can carry your DPF with you when you leave town or have it shipped to you FedEx over-night.

With regards to the EGR: The tuner turns it OFF, so just go that route until you're out of warranty.
I'm just doing it for the sound of a diesel I'm satisfied with the power of the truck right now.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckmaniac View Post

Hmm...That's not a bad idea to carry the DPF on board wherever you go. I think my truck is lifted enough to where I can lay underneath and perhaps switch out the straight pipe with the DPF by myself. Do you think any auto-insurance companies would choose to not cover in the case of a wreck on grounds that the vehicle was modified?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Will you fail a smog test deleted and blocked?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
Hmm...That's not a bad idea to carry the DPF on board wherever you go. I think my truck is lifted enough to where I can lay underneath and perhaps switch out the straight pipe with the DPF by myself. Do you think any auto-insurance companies would choose to not cover in the case of a wreck on grounds that the vehicle was modified?
Could never happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.