Cleaning up the D/S engine bay with alil H&S and MPD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cleaning up the D/S engine bay with alil H&S and MPD

So I got around to installing my H&S C.A.C upgrade kit and MPD C.C.V kit today lemme tell you it was kind of a bit** and the lack of instructions for both kits sucks but the finished product is well worth the work.

Starting with the CAC upgrade it was pretty straight forward and the craftsmanship on the throttle body is amazing and I like how they moved the CAC sensor into the throttle body. Included in the packaging is a mystery bracket that I later found out was to move the power steering reservoir over a couple of inches to clear the new intercooler pipe elbow. Also you end up having to cut off a fixed clamp on the old EGR butterfly valve coupler so you can reuse the coupler with the new hard pipe without damaging the rubber couple to bad haha. Here are a few pics.

The CCV kit was a pain in A** the box is a pain to get out you need to undo a bunch of fuel lines and a couple bolts off the hard lines to gain enough room to get a bolt out of the old CCV box. Again no instructions and it is lacking a couple of pieces that you can find at local parts houses and dealers. The hard plastic hose off the CCV box on my truck had a sensor on it in which I was told by MPD you can just unplug so we shall see if I get a CEL in the next few days. The coupler on that hard line is a pain to get off and you need to remove the intercooler pipe to gain access to it and once its off the hole is huuuge and requires alil creativity to plug off , see below haha . Once you see how much oil gets recirculated back into the turbo it will make you think twice about just dumping the hose out into the open and making a few spots on your nice drive ways so as a previous cummins owner I knew about a catch can that is very cheap that used to fall off the front of the timing covers all the time so I got one and zip tied it underneath so I can just empty it every oil change or 2 .

Last edited by Carli'd6.7; 12-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 06:35 AM
Premium Member

Saw someone in general discussion asking about this stuff so I figured id put it to the top so people can see
Old 01-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks awesome man! I'm wanting to do the same upgrades soon. How's do you like them?
Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barobbin View Post
Looks awesome man! I'm wanting to do the same upgrades soon. How's do you like them?
I love it man honestly all the mods ive done + SPE tuning ive become very fond of my Ford which means a lot because ive been rolling Cummins for 10 years. Its amazing how much blow by the engines make when towing heavy I have filled my catch can just under 1/4 of the way up in about 4k which means nothing because the engine only has 10k on it and most of my Cummins diesels didn't break in till almost 20k but still im happy all that oil isn't going rite back in my intake.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:46 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is all new to me. What kind of upgrades were these and what kind of gains are you expecting?
Old 01-31-2014, 04:30 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
This is all new to me. What kind of upgrades were these and what kind of gains are you expecting?
Its just stuff in the gain world of deleting there is no horsepower or torque gains its all reliability the plastic CAC pipes are known to explode under high boost with age so you switch it out of a normal metal and rubber intercooler pipe and the CCV mod lets your crankcase exhale into the atmosphere or into a catch can instead of back into the engine, there is nothing worse than sucking in your own fart rite ?? haha well that's what your EGR and CCV do gasses and oil that are expelled from your engine while running are routed rite back into the engine and deleting as a whole fixes these problems.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 AM

Carli'd6.7,

On the Mopar CCV cap, is it actually a catch can or just a breather, is it serviceable (cleanable), does it seam to work well, what are the part#s, and how much? Sorry, lota questions.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Red-Rocket View Post
Carli'd6.7,

On the Mopar CCV cap, is it actually a catch can or just a breather, is it serviceable (cleanable), does it seam to work well, what are the part#s, and how much? Sorry, lota questions.
The Mopar stuff is an actual catch can off a 24v cummins and yes it is serviceable I usually just empty it at every oil change which is why I mounted it under the truck. MPD says you can just leave it open under the truck somewhere and you can but your driveway will thank you if you put it in some kind of catch can. I don't have the part numbers anymore but if you click on the picture or enlarge it you can see the part numbers clearly. For both parts it was like 20 bucks and you can get em at your local dodge dealer or online im sure. Good luck with it !!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

do not use a catch can on the 6.7, they put out way too much crank case pressure.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Red-Rocket View Post
Carli'd6.7,

Great, thanks. And obviously no back pressure issues? I installed my MPD CCV kit and also didn't want to just leave the end open, especially since we have blowing dust where I live, so I installed a breather cap, like those used on a old valve cover. After I installed the cap my truck started puffing out white smoke. Investigating I opened the oil fill cap and it almost popped out of my hand from the pressure. So I removed the breather cap and the issue was resolved. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.