Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

If anyone is thinking S&B...... DO IT !!!!

7K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  PSDJohn 
#1 ·
So last week I ordered a CCV kit and S&B from Maryland Diesel and I got around to installing the intake today and all I have to say is wow the fit and finish is fantastic everything came together really well it took just over 30 mins to install from opening to closing the hood and they even supply a torx to remove the factory MAF screws . Being the cheapest intake on the market I am very impressed !!

See less See more
#2 ·
nice, cant wait until mine is here next week!

#6 ·
I ended up taking the " more air " plug out of the lower housing of the intake box and it does spool up better and since a tow a lot it is very much appreciated.

Its really not that hot anyways around there I took the plug out after driving about 60 miles and even the radiator hoses close to the intake don't seem like they put off a lot of heat and I in no way "baby" my truck so I don't think heat is that big of an issue , id be more concerned the the open box cause MAF turbulence like some of the NA mustangs and NA LS based Chevy engines get when running an open box which in turn cost you horsepower and fuel mileage even though your flowing more air. But that's just a thought I cant prove that at all obviously :hehe:

#8 ·
I have the volant on mine its just got a little clear cover. I wish I would have bought the S&B though cause I got to take the whole box out to change the filter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
None what so ever MPG maybe .5-1 on the freeway but you do get better off the line turbo spool up my truck sounds like an old 7.3 off the line now haha the added low end is nice to get the 10k that's usually on my bumper going mid and top end RPM pull is improved as well, for 250 bucks you cant go wrong in my opinion.

#12 ·
I put it on at just under 7k and I rolled 8k yesterday so only alil over 1,000 miles 600 of which were towing and I really enjoy having it. Ive been deleted since 400 miles so i don't care much about the warranty but I wouldn't worry much about changing out the intake the only argument they can ever put up is if you have a MAF failure due to oil contamination and if you get a DRY filter it is not even possible period. To deny a warranty claim the dealer has to positively prove that the modification you did to the truck caused the failure of the part in question. Ive been a tech for a looooooong time and i assure you that is the only issue that can arise.

#13 ·
I just put one on. Hoping for a little mpg gain but we'll see. Only noticeable difference is a little turbo whistle lol. If anything it cleaned up the engine bay a little.

#15 ·
Am I satisfied? Yes.

Does it make much of a difference? Don't think so haha. I bought it to get rid of the ugly stock intake and it does that. I'm also hoping for a slight mpg boost. I can't really tell if it helped with that since I've been idling a lot and just been running short trips into the fields/woods for firewood lately.

#18 ·
Yea its a rubber triangle shaped plug that's in the base of the housing and yes it is easy to get to when installed , maybe I have a different kit ? I got mine from MPD and they said its the same kit they send with their turbo kit cuz I going to be getting one after tax time . I'll tax a pic later for ya

#20 ·
Its the same part number from 11-14. Mine just showed up in the mail and its got the plug so yours must. Its right below the filter and the tube it mounts to in the main box. You can stick a tennis ball through the hole!

#22 ·
So I was looking for something much smaller than that. The huge one has never been plugged since I installed the S&B. I don't know if I missed a part on the install or what, but that has never been plugged. Damn, I was hoping for even more throttle response. Apologies for the confusion.

#26 ·
Carli'd.i thought you traded this truck on a raptor? Hmmmmm. That's what yo pm'd me any way.

I started this post ALONG time ago probably almost a month :hehe:

#28 ·
I got a CC in the bone white out the door taxes and fees for 54:D

#30 ·
Another "turbo whistle" post...geez, these trucks aren't musical instruments!

Delete your truck already and roll your passenger side window down and hear your sought after "whistle"...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.