Running h&s without deletes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 01:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Running h&s without deletes

Is anyone here running the h&s mini maxx without doing any deletes? I want the additional hp but still want the warranty. I guess you just won't get the full performance of the tuner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 01:30 PM

Never mind, just realized that the "street tunes" means non deleted... So anyone running street tunes?
Old 12-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I ran my XRT on a tow tune for about a week before I deleted and I actually liked it, the throttle response was very nice a slight increase in fuel mileage , it was kind of funny it increased the number of regens I was having but it shortened the duration of them, the average regen was less than 5 mins but every 200 miles like clockwork .
Old 12-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If i ever have to get another 6.7 i want to keep stock tune, remove nothing but replace exhaust system with straight pipe but weld bungs for all sensors and burners so truck thinks they are they but won't ever have to regen. Possibly some muffler config for rite back pressure sensors.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divii View Post
Is anyone here running the h&s mini maxx without doing any deletes? I want the additional hp but still want the warranty. I guess you just won't get the full performance of the tuner?
What warranty do you want to keep? Toss an h&s on and your engine and your engine/drivetrain warranty will be voided by "most" ford dealerships anyways. You might as well do all the deletes anyways if you're going to do a tuner.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013F250Tank View Post
If i ever have to get another 6.7 i want to keep stock tune, remove nothing but replace exhaust system with straight pipe but weld bungs for all sensors and burners so truck thinks they are they but won't ever have to regen. Possibly some muffler config for rite back pressure sensors.
If you figure this out, be sure to pass it along...........but I'm not holding my breath.

After 7 years of the DPF systems on diesel trucks, NONE of the major players in the diesel performance industry have been able to come up with such a system.

The computers & sensors on these trucks are too smart!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckmaniac View Post
If you figure this out, be sure to pass it along...........but I'm not holding my breath.

After 7 years of the DPF systems on diesel trucks, NONE of the major players in the diesel performance industry have been able to come up with such a system.

The computers & sensors on these trucks are too smart!
Hope my current truck holds out and i don't have to figure it out. With race tuners going away or costing a small fortune it should be well worth my time to try. Really don't think it will be difficult, just most ppl would rather tune it out then put forth all the effort i would have to. Don't blame them. Just a little goal for the future if need be.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrix View Post
What warranty do you want to keep? Toss an h&s on and your engine and your engine/drivetrain warranty will be voided by "most" ford dealerships anyways. You might as well do all the deletes anyways if you're going to do a tuner.
My dealer is "Tuner Friendly" because he knows that I don't abuse my truck. This isn't the case with some of his customers that only use their trucks to go from point A to Point B in the least possible amount of time.

However, my dealer will not work on or warranty any diesel vehicle that has had the EGR and/or DPF removed. This is a Federal Crime. Think that the EPA isn't going to enforce this, well think again. This dealer is just one store in a Corporation that owns dozens of car & truck dealerships from Coast to Coast. One of their other stores has been fined twice by the EPA for working on trucks without the DPF. The dealer wasn't performing the delete, simply working on vehicles that the owner's had deleted. My dealer was told that one of the truck owner's received a slap on the wrist and the other was fined $1,500.00.

I had plans to do a full delete of all the EPA mandated stuff, but given my dealer's position on this matter and the fact that our government doesn't have anything better to do with their time and resources (our tax dollars), I plan to stay LEGAL.

I'm sure their are dealers out there who are willing to buck the EPA and figure they won't ever come after them. This is all well and good for the consumer who is willing to Delete and has a dealer that will look the other way, at least until you have a problem with your truck and you're out on the road, 300 miles from that dealer. You may be looking at the expense of towing your deleted truck back to your "friendly" dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.