Can you direct me the right way? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can you direct me the right way?

Hello, I'm a new member here. I just joined up tonight. I have been lurking and reading for a while. I have just ordered a new 2014 Platinum. I want to tune and delete this truck from the get go. I am aware that it will void my warranty. I am a little confused with some of the info on the web about the tuners. I will give you a list of what I want to do, and maybe you can give me your opinions and tell me who can provide the parts I need. I don't live where they smog check, so that shouldn't be an issue.

My confusion: Does anyone make a race tuner that will 100% for sure work with the '14? If so, can I get one? I have seen that most places don't include the 13 and 14's in the tuner lists. Most are trying to direct you back to a "street" tuner. I think I need a Mini Maxx race, and a dpf delete pipe. I definitely want to be able to put the stuff back on, so stock exhaust will stay.

I want my new truck to keep up with my buddys 6.4 that has been deleted and Spartan nutty professored. I don't think it will with just dpf delete and tuner with big tune. What other mods could I do, without taking the cab off? I was thinking maybe turbo? Will the engine handle 600whp with stock everything besides turbo? I figure that's about what his truck is doing, maybe a lil less.

I am not interested in trying to get some permit from the epa. I have dealt with them on other issues (construction jobsites) and its like pulling teeth to get them to do anything for you.

If anyone out there knows how to get me hooked up but are afraid of the feds, please pm me! Thanks in advance. I'd love to get these things ordered if they are available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone? Surely somebody here knows what is available for 14??? I have a stock 11 that I am trading in. I will be sick I traded if nothing is available for my new one. I never did anything to the 11 because the tranny didn't act right from the get go. had it to dealer a few times, but they couldn't get it to mess up while they were driving. It would kick out of gear between shifts, rev up, then bang! I never felt comfortable souping it up, so never did.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50_shooter View Post
Anyone? Surely somebody here knows what is available for 14??? I have a stock 11 that I am trading in. I will be sick I traded if nothing is available for my new one. I never did anything to the 11 because the tranny didn't act right from the get go. had it to dealer a few times, but they couldn't get it to mess up while they were driving. It would kick out of gear between shifts, rev up, then bang! I never felt comfortable souping it up, so never did.
I'll send you a PM for dealers that I'm pretty sure have 2014 tuning. With the way things are now, it's best to keep this info private, instead of drawing attention to them on a public forum.

In response to your first post:

With the DPF delete tunes available for your 2014, you aren't going to keep up with a 6.4 that is deleted and properly tuned. I ran the Spartan tuner & tunes on my 2010 for 52K miles (before being totaled in a wreck) and never ran up against a tuned 6.7 that could keep up.

The only way that you're going to be able to keep up is probably going to be with major engine mods, new turbo (possibly twin turbo), traction bars and someone knowledgeable enough to set-up everything for you.

Is it really worth voiding your warranty and spending $15K+ in mods just to beat your buddy?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckmaniac View Post
I'll send you a PM for dealers that I'm pretty sure have 2014 tuning. With the way things are now, it's best to keep this info private, instead of drawing attention to them on a public forum.

In response to your first post:

With the DPF delete tunes available for your 2014, you aren't going to keep up with a 6.4 that is deleted and properly tuned. I ran the Spartan tuner & tunes on my 2010 for 52K miles (before being totaled in a wreck) and never ran up against a tuned 6.7 that could keep up.

The only way that you're going to be able to keep up is probably going to be with major engine mods, new turbo (possibly twin turbo), traction bars and someone knowledgeable enough to set-up everything for you.

Is it really worth voiding your warranty and spending $15K+ in mods just to beat your buddy?
That's why I said to pm me. I figured nobody would wanna talk openly. Is there a difference between the tunes available for 11 and 12's compared to 14's?

On your last question, yes is the answer. Not necessarily just for that reason though. I used to be in performance diesels 13 years ago, and I've been itchin to get back in it. A family and work kept me from it for quite a while. I miss it. I have plenty of spare cash to rock this new truck out. Starting somewhat mild, eventually f'in wild, hopefully. I want to lift it a little, put on bushwhackers, new wheels/tires, front and rear bumpers, tune and delete, all right now. then turbo, rods, studs, tranny, and whatever else it takes to make the power and bulletproof it for 600+whp, just on fuel.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM

no offense but to explain your lack or responders
people are leery to PM someone all the info also since they don't know who you are
Old 12-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
people are leery to PM someone all the info also since they don't know who you are
I totally understand that. I can guarantee you my questions are genuine, just don't know how to prove it.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I don't want to throw any vendor under the bus on a public forum but now folks are leery to send PM's ???

To find companies that offer these "services" all anyone (and that includes the EPA) has to do is Google: 2013 (or 2014) Ford 6.7 Delete.

If the EPA isn't smart enough to use a Google Search Engine to go after these folks, then I doubt that they are cunning enough to join forums and lure members into divulging classified information regarding deletes & tuning.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not to hijack but I'm looking at an 09 F250 KR and an 11 F350 CCSRW KR. Is the 6.4L more tuneable then the 6.7L?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1156ss View Post
Not to hijack but I'm looking at an 09 F250 KR and an 11 F350 CCSRW KR. Is the 6.4L more tuneable then the 6.7L?
From what I know the answer would be yes. I think the 6.4 is capable of 50-80 more horse with just a delete and tune. I've heard around 500-530 max hp for the 6.7 and 550 to 600 for the 6.4. Both are to the ground.

I am no expert by any means, but I've read that the 6.7's pump is totally maxed out at those levels. To get the 650-700 that I would like to have means big dollars on the 6.7. Dual pumps, turbo, and rods if you want it to last. A guy could easily wrap 20K in it just to get started, lol
Old 12-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's cool. I was looking to make 550-600hp to the ground, but I didn't want to have to build a complete motor. I made that kind of power with my old Cummins. I really like Ford trucks better and I've decided to buy myself a new , to me, truck. I'm just torn on which motor truck to buy. I've looked at 07, 08, and an 11 and like them all. We don't have any inspections here in FL and all this will be done to an off-road truck. I've read all the mods needed to make them all bullet proof and like all the trucks. I'm kinda leaning towards the 08-10 6.4L truck. I just figured I would ask because there's a dealer here that's got a really nice 11 F350 CCLB SRW King Ranch with ALL the toys for a decent price. That's why I asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.