New Diesel Owner needing advice for "EPA" delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Diesel Owner needing advice for "EPA" delete

I just purchased my first diesel, 2011 F-250, and I have obviously done a lot of research to figure out the best way to make the engine stronger, more powerful and also have better fuel economy.

That being said, as a Mechanical Engineer who has designed aspects of combustion engines (worked on GM's 6.2L Supercharged LSA motor), I know that the idea of the EGR is a horrible design and harmful to a motor. The EGR delete kit is not where my confusion sets in however. If I do that, I would also like to delete the DPF and probably the SCR/urea as well.

So my questions are, what recommendations do you guys have for DPF delete kits? Did you also delete the SCR & Urea?

The most important question that I have.... What programmer would be the best to correct these deletes and works best? Keep in mind that I don't plan on racing and the only trailer I haul is my tournament bass boat during the summers so I'm not pulling large loads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you would rather PM me that is fine. I obviously would also need information on where to buy the tuner/programmer whether it be H&S, Spartan or whatever. I know they aren't easy to find anymore.

Thanks again and I'm glad to be part of the 6.7 Powerstroke club!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 PM

Thanks for all the help guys

and I guess a big "WELCOME TO THE POWERSTROKE DIESEL WORLD" to me....
Old 12-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Try to find an H&S Mini Maxx Race Tuner. I beleive a street tuner can be unlocked, but I'm not 100% sure, so make sure it's a RACE tuner. As far as deleting, you delete the DPF/SCR/Urea all as one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you dont plan on doing anything crazy just get an HS XRT pro street tuner then call SPE or Powerlabs and get their Tune and MCC combo for like 450 and you will be good. If your just an around the town guy and random towing DO NOT tune the trans just leave it to the H&S Default trans tuning and use you +/- if you want to control the trans there are acouple fellas on here that will tell ya the same. And since the XRT is a flash tuner if you want gauges just get an Insight CS or CST thats how i run my truck i tow 10k every few days and change my oil every 3k and the truck is happy .
Old 12-07-2013, 07:19 AM

Wow you change your oil every 3k? How many miles a year do you put on your truck
Old 12-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Wow you change your oil every 3k? How many miles a year do you put on your truck
haha about 25-30k yup that 1k in oil a year i know, im a loser what can i say im sure i could go closer to 7 or 8 cuz i run full syn but oh well .
Old 12-08-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carli'd6.7 View Post
haha about 25-30k yup that 1k in oil a year i know, im a loser what can i say im sure i could go closer to 7 or 8 cuz i run full syn but oh well .
Dang, let me have your oil you empty its still new Ill run it lol..
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
If you dont plan on doing anything crazy just get an HS XRT pro street tuner then call SPE or Powerlabs and get their Tune and MCC combo for like 450 and you will be good. If your just an around the town guy and random towing DO NOT tune the trans just leave it to the H&S Default trans tuning and use you +/- if you want to control the trans there are acouple fellas on here that will tell ya the same. And since the XRT is a flash tuner if you want gauges just get an Insight CS or CST thats how i run my truck i tow 10k every few days and change my oil every 3k and the truck is happy .
None of my business but changing full synthetic every 3k is pointless and a total waste of money. Why not just run conventional?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelnc View Post
None of my business but changing full synthetic every 3k is pointless and a total waste of money. Why not just run conventional?
Cuz the 5/40 syn is the only thing that makes my truck not tick
Old 12-08-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Cuz the 5/40 syn is the only thing that makes my truck not tick
Not questioning the use of it. Just the mileage of the change. Under extreme conditions you would be good to 5-6k easily. Just a waste of $$$. Keep it in ur pocket and put it toward fuel or more mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelnc For This Useful Post:
andys08 (02-08-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.