Really,how good is SPE? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really,how good is SPE?

Hey guys I am looking at deleting my new to me 6.7 this week and I am looking at custom tuning since my mini maxx is vin locked and is the only way to use it(other than a stupid pointless street tuner). So what is a good for daily driving,accasional towing trucks boats atvs etc? Oh and racing whenever the oppertunity presents itself! I have a head on my shoulders and I dont pull out on the floor I know how to drive something with a little power.

I really want to try SPE but ive heard good and bad which comes with everything. How about towing on the hotX tunes? Like on a low setting?

Hows the fuel milage with SPE HotX tunes?

Also if I want a little less agressive shifting will I be able to use the street tuner "can" trans tunes with the SPE tunes?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I had them make me a custom tune so i can tow with my foot to the floor need be my boost maxes out around 22 and the EGTs stay low but it is still very quick when you want it to be . My advice to you is to NOT tune the trans their trans tune as something to be desired and so does H&S with the shift flairs every now and then. Their NORMAL hotX tuning is pretty awesome but if ya dont watch it you can get your EGTS to 1400 really quick . But all and all the have a nice solid tune ive been running it for 6k with no hiccups and no CEL
Old 12-02-2013, 05:35 PM

I just ordered the x-hot tuning but I haven't installed in my my truck yet so I can comment on the tuning but I can say the customer service is quite good
Old 12-03-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carli'd6.7 View Post
I had them make me a custom tune so i can tow with my foot to the floor need be my boost maxes out around 22 and the EGTs stay low but it is still very quick when you want it to be . My advice to you is to NOT tune the trans their trans tune as something to be desired and so does H&S with the shift flairs every now and then. Their NORMAL hotX tuning is pretty awesome but if ya dont watch it you can get your EGTS to 1400 really quick . But all and all the have a nice solid tune ive been running it for 6k with no hiccups and no CEL
1400 shouldn't be much to worry about I wouldn't think on the newer trucks. You don't want to hold 1400 for an extended period but a 1/4 mile run shouldn't be a concern
Old 12-03-2013, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the input. They do seen to have great customer service so far. So my big question about the spe trans tuning,can I use the H&S trans tuning or do I have to use spe trans tuning when running their hotX?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 PM

You can run their tune and use h&s trans tuning or I think you can even use stock tuning if you wanted ( I wouldn't recommend)
Old 12-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Yeah ill prolly use their engine tuning and the H&S trans tunes. I'm hoping to get my rclb 6.7 to run like my deleted crew cab 6.4
Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 PM

Sooo I just tried powerlabs H&S tune and I kinda like it better 1.2 mpg improvement over SPE 2psi more boost and I don't get the weird smoke i was getting when the truck is cold during an RPM drop from 1600+ such as letting off the gas for a stop light .
Old 12-11-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carli'd6.7 View Post
Sooo I just tried powerlabs H&S tune and I kinda like it better 1.2 mpg improvement over SPE 2psi more boost and I don't get the weird smoke i was getting when the truck is cold during an RPM drop from 1600+ such as letting off the gas for a stop light .
So what kind of mileage are you getting now? What engine mods do you have?
Old 12-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrix View Post
So what kind of mileage are you getting now? What engine mods do you have?
My truck is weird I get 15 all the time, I have only the stuff in my sig on the truck rite now but I have an S&B intake and MPD CCV kit sitting in my garage. If I tow 10k or less I get 15, stop and go 15, freeway 15 that's hand calculated and dash. Every time I get fuel I usually get 22 gallons and I get 330-350 miles per tank been that way since 500 miles and im at 8200 rite now. And an update my truck thru a check engine light with the Powerlabs tune so I went back to Amy haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.