First 6.7 Tuning Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Howell, Michigan
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First 6.7 Tuning Questions

Well finally got around into getting into a new truck..
Picked up a 14 Black Platinum.
Have 1,100 miles on it now and I'm ready to tune & delete it, sadly I feel like I'm starting over again with everything to learn.

I already know I'm going with the MiniMaxx, but have never had one before so few questions with that.
This tuner turns off the EGR system, correct?
This tuner also disables the DEF system so I won't have to add fluid anymore?
Do I need to order a EGT probe? My 6.4 didn't need that, so wasn't sure. Hard to install if so?
Will I have all of H&S's tunes or do I have to pay for there highest tune?
How do you all like yours? I always see stellar reviews.

I already know I'm just going with a DPF/CAT delete from Rudy's.. Any complaints with those kits?
Hard to install? My 6.4 was piece of cake.

Good affordable intake kit? Always had good luck with my S&B.
Probably will choose that again unless told other wise.
How's install on the intakes? Usually pretty straight forward.

Sorry for all the questions. I checked around some and was having trouble finding some of these answers so sorry in advance.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving.
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachn View Post
Well finally got around into getting into a new truck..
Picked up a 14 Black Platinum.
Have 1,100 miles on it now and I'm ready to tune & delete it, sadly I feel like I'm starting over again with everything to learn.

I already know I'm going with the MiniMaxx, but have never had one before so few questions with that.
This tuner turns off the EGR system, correct?
This tuner also disables the DEF system so I won't have to add fluid anymore?
Do I need to order a EGT probe? My 6.4 didn't need that, so wasn't sure. Hard to install if so?
Will I have all of H&S's tunes or do I have to pay for there highest tune?
How do you all like yours? I always see stellar reviews.

I already know I'm just going with a DPF/CAT delete from Rudy's.. Any complaints with those kits?
Hard to install? My 6.4 was piece of cake.

Good affordable intake kit? Always had good luck with my S&B.
Probably will choose that again unless told other wise.
How's install on the intakes? Usually pretty straight forward.

Sorry for all the questions. I checked around some and was having trouble finding some of these answers so sorry in advance.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving.
God Bless
Can you even delete the 14's? I thought the 13's were the last to have the capability to delete due to all the EPA bans and whatnot. Do your research and make sure it's possible before buying parts. Tuners that delete are gonna become far and few between soon.

I may be wrong but I have a 12 with mini-max so I didn't have problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Howell, Michigan
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_de62 View Post
Can you even delete the 14's? I thought the 13's were the last to have the capability to delete due to all the EPA bans and whatnot. Do your research and make sure it's possible before buying parts. Tuners that delete are gonna become far and few between soon.

I may be wrong but I have a 12 with mini-max so I didn't have problems.
Well that'll be a real bummer if I'm not able too

When I checked Rudy's it said capable from 11-14 so I just assumed it would work, so I'll look into that a little more.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachn View Post
Well that'll be a real bummer if I'm not able too

When I checked Rudy's it said capable from 11-14 so I just assumed it would work, so I'll look into that a little more.

Thanks!
Rudy's is where I got mine. I don't see how it could be much different from the 12's and 13's just cause it's the same engine/tranny/etc. Just cosmetic as far as I know. So it should work. Just call Rudy's they will set ya straight. May be pretty high dollar though since they are scarce.

Also, make sure you shoot the tune on first and make sure it cranks and what not before you rip the exhaust off. Cause it would suck if you ripped it all off and the truck didn't take the tune. Can you say madder than a mute guy playing bingo, getting bingo, and trying to hollar out the word bingo lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors