6.7 Performance Upgrade Suggestions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 Performance Upgrade Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Still somewhat new to the forum, been lurking around for a while though. I have a 2012 F250 that I have mildly upgraded. So far I have installed a 5" Straight Pipe w/ DPF Delete, S&B Intake, and a H&S Black Maxx Tuner. I want to upgrade the truck more, but I'm not really knowledgeable about these new diesels. So that's why I came here, haha! Not really wanting to do any major upgrades, but I want to squeeze a lil more power and mpg out of this engine. I use my truck to haul all the time, so I don't want to do anything that would hurt the reliability of the truck either. If y'all could give me some engine and suspension modifications would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Michael
Attached Thumbnails
6.7 Performance Upgrade Suggestions-1150349_10202076073049883_1477181482_n.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

Ifn you are already deleted and tuned (assume H&S) then SPE tunes are about all you can do more that's 'small'.

Next up is more air and fuel.

There's a several companies shipping turbos with several more in the works...
H&S and Industrial Injection are doing fuel.

fuel is a couple grand and air is in the $4k+ range
But IMHO if you aren't putting rods in you are going to be running yours on the ragged edge.
Rods are about $6k w/ labor.

There's a bunch of guys testing various turbo mfgr kits now, some guys have even done the rods.

Everything is kind of 'coming to market' right now.

IMHO, 6 months from now you'll be able to drop your truck off at one of these vendors and for $15-20k get a turnkey 1000rwhp and 2000ftlbs of tq.

I'm going to sit back and watch for now.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah, that's what I figured. I might just wait and do something big down the road. Just going to work on suspension and looks for now. Any other mods you might consider like upgrading the intercooler pipes, etc. Just looking for minor mods that might not boost performance, but will boost reliability. I'm also going to upgrade the rear diff cover and add a rear sway bar.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

MPD's CCV kit and H&S Motorsports Intercooler Pipe Upgrade Kit.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:03 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Has everyone here basically said F*** the warranty & F*** the EPA Laws? My new 6.7 has a little over 1k miles on it, but in the end I want to do whats best for the engine and fuel economy. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on what I should do performance wise due to warranty and legality issues. I tuned my 07 F250 and was pleased with the results, but I'm trying to do the smart thing with my '13 F250 and I still haven't decided what that smart thing is! Haha. Will someone convince me that I'm better off deleting and tuning than leaving it stock?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dantron For This Useful Post:
bcflyfisher (12-25-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
Has everyone here basically said F*** the warranty & F*** the EPA Laws? My new 6.7 has a little over 1k miles on it, but in the end I want to do whats best for the engine and fuel economy. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on what I should do performance wise due to warranty and legality issues. I tuned my 07 F250 and was pleased with the results, but I'm trying to do the smart thing with my '13 F250 and I still haven't decided what that smart thing is! Haha. Will someone convince me that I'm better off deleting and tuning than leaving it stock?
No one can answer that but you as it is of course a personal opinion/decision. I think there is more than sufficient evidence on this and many other forums to conclude that deleting is much better for the engine but there can be a down side in the possibility of losing your warranty. Personally I don't think the warranty is worth much and if parts fail on my truck I plan to replace with superior aftermarket parts as opposed to ford parts. Whatever you decide good luck and enjoy your truck...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-21-2013, 05:30 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpilot View Post
No one can answer that but you as it is of course a personal opinion/decision. I think there is more than sufficient evidence on this and many other forums to conclude that deleting is much better for the engine but there can be a down side in the possibility of losing your warranty. Personally I don't think the warranty is worth much and if parts fail on my truck I plan to replace with superior aftermarket parts as opposed to ford parts. Whatever you decide good luck and enjoy your truck...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah I'm already convinced deleting will only improve my truck's engine life, fuel economy, and performance. I wouldn't want to do anything too extreme that could potentially harm any systems, but I would appreciate a better throttle response and MPG rating. I miss the turbo whistle of my old 6.0, is there a way I can crank that up on the 6.7? Can anyone direct me to a good thread that thoroughly covers 6.7 performance?
Old 11-23-2013, 05:44 PM

I know one thing as soon as I turn 36k I'm yanking the egr out and everything else. For now I'll just remain deleted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.