MPD CCV mod install review/pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 AM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
MPD CCV mod install review/pics

I got my Maryland Performance Diesel CCV mod kit put on yesterday. Not a lot of posts yet on this for the 6.7's but a ton of info can be found on the older motor fourms. I did find a short you tube video on this exact product though. The kit seems like it has quality parts, but a bit over priced in my opinion(based on the cost of the EGR delete). The kit does not come with any sort of instructions, which for the price is bs in my opinion. I called MPD about this and they gave me a quick run down on what was involved...that was nice of them but really...it should not take long to snap a few pics, do a little write up and provide instructions. A few small bolts hold the plastic box on. One on the side will need the fuel lines and fuel rail to be moved a bit to get too. The 2 in the back needed a swivel socket with about 2 ft in socket extensions to remove. Had to twist and turn a bit but the plastic box came right out. Need to remove the o rings off the plastic box to be used on the new parts going in. Once the box was removed there is plenty of room to install the new plates. I routed the vent house up over the brake booster as that was the best position to not kink the hose. I ran it down the drive side frame and it stops about a foot from where the fuel filter is under the truck. Since there is no instructions on what to do with the plastic hose that went from the box to the intake i have left it on and capped it for now. I will call MPD on Monday to see what they recommend for that. When the truck runs i can feel and hear the air coming out the vent hose under the truck. I have not driven it long enough to notice a smell, see steam or see any oil collecting(read in 7.3, 6.0 and 6.4 threads about these possible side effects). I will continue to monitor that. The egr delete opens up the passenger side of the engine compartment and doing the ccv mod opens up the drivers side. All this open space is tempting me with attempting a turbo swap next...need to convince the wife first
anyways here are a few pics....
Attached Thumbnails
MPD CCV mod install review/pics-imag0186.jpg   MPD CCV mod install review/pics-imag0187.jpg   MPD CCV mod install review/pics-imag0189.jpg   MPD CCV mod install review/pics-imag0190.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm seeing people do this more and more could u explain a little more on the benefit of this mod??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysfd View Post
I'm seeing people do this more and more could u explain a little more on the benefit of this mod??

X2...I've often wondered lately. Is it basically to keep any oil/steam from re-entering the intake? Don't know...
Old 11-17-2013, 02:11 PM

Yea, the ccv with blow by, steam, condensation etc is vented out the top of the driver side valve cover through that little filter box then is dumped into the lower intake manifold to go back into the fresh air. The 6.7 is still somewhat new so I don't know if there has been problems with oil in the intake due to the ccv. OP did the hose going from the ccv fiter box to the lower intake manifold have oil in it? How many miles are you at?

Last edited by jordan572; 11-17-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:18 PM
LORD OF WAR

There is a ton of information as to what the CCV mod does in the 7.3, 6.4 and 6.0 threads. From what I have learned...long story short keeps the crap out out the motor...seems the EGR is super popular but not the CCV mod when it comes to the 6.7. Seems to me they would go hand in hand as doing them both completely eliminates crap being recirculated back into the motor. The amount of crap that I have seen in the intake manifold doing the installs on all these parts is terrible.
Yes there is oily residue in the plastic tube that goes from the CCV box back to the lower intake manifold as well as the manifold inlet where the hose hooks too. I have 35,000 on my truck. Also from what I have gathered in all my research of the threads mentioned above is the higher horsepower/boost vs factory makes for all this mess gathering in the motor quicker and in more volume.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM

We try so hard to keep our intake/air clean,fresh and cool. the ccv works very hard pumpin
in hot,used and dirty air.
The ccv mod dumps this out of the supply of clean,cool and fresh air.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1each View Post
There is a ton of information as to what the CCV mod does in the 7.3, 6.4 and 6.0 threads. From what I have learned...long story short keeps the crap out out the motor...seems the EGR is super popular but not the CCV mod when it comes to the 6.7. Seems to me they would go hand in hand as doing them both completely eliminates crap being recirculated back into the motor. The amount of crap that I have seen in the intake manifold doing the installs on all these parts is terrible.
Yes there is oily residue in the plastic tube that goes from the CCV box back to the lower intake manifold as well as the manifold inlet where the hose hooks too. I have 35,000 on my truck. Also from what I have gathered in all my research of the threads mentioned above is the higher horsepower/boost vs factory makes for all this mess gathering in the motor quicker and in more volume.
Makes sense to me, I think I'll be ordering that kit along with some extra fuel filtering solution once I figure out which to go with...

Thanks Nelson, appreciate all your posts as I'm slowly learning about and trying to be proactive in taking care of my truck for the long haul...

Old 11-17-2013, 05:02 PM
LORD OF WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpilot View Post
Makes sense to me, I think I'll be ordering that kit along with some extra fuel filtering solution once I figure out which to go with...

Thanks Nelson, appreciate all your posts as I'm slowly learning about and trying to be proactive in taking care of my truck for the long haul...

Yeah I have been the same way the past few months...lots more information in the different motor fourms then in the 6.7 since the motor is still pretty new. Figured id help add more threads each time I have done an install to help others out cuz I really appreciate others threads that have helped in my research. Id love to pioneer an spe diy turbo install but unless it blows up I think I will wait it out a bit as i need to slow back a bit on the money spending for the truck....says the wife i plan to have spe do a full upgrade of the motor, twin turbo, dual fuelers, built tranny...i wanna make this thing a 1000+ hp...just for ****s and giggles
Old 11-18-2013, 03:28 PM
LORD OF WAR

I talked to MPD about what to do with the hose coming off the lower intake manifold...they said they pull it off an cap the nipple where it connects with a 1" cap...I have to say that's dumb that they do not include this in the kit. There customer service is great, they always answer when I call and seem to have no issue answering questions....they are batting 90% in my book..if they get some instructions with the kit and provide the cap I would give them a 100%. I put some miles on today...a mixture of highway and stop and go. One time I saw the smoke/steam coming out from under the truck from the vent...nothing too crazy but it was there. When I let the truck idle and got out of it I could smell the oily smell a bit...again nothing too crazy but it was there. This is only one day of driving but I would venture to say if you are concerned about the possibility of your rig putting out a little smoke/steam and or smell you might not want to do this. From what I have seen so far its not a nuisance enough to warrant running that crap back into my motor...will continue to monitor.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the kind words buddy. We are looking into it. One can only improve upon. The kits were designed around the turbo kits, therefore no need for a plug or nipple, plus everyone seems to have their favorite way of doing things. But Like I said, all criticism and opinions are always welcome. Glad youre enjoying it so far, and we have been slammed so Im sorry I wasnt able to get something put together as far as instructions before hand. the smell and visable vapor is worth it to some, but not to others... but the charge air system will thank you in the long run, especially you're intercooler boots!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.