Diesel Performance Industry Ethics Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diesel Performance Industry Ethics Question

I would like to know if this is typical of businesses in the diesel performance world. I lost my turbo back towards the end of the Confederate Diesel blowup and was ready to go to an aftermarket turbo kit. With my knowledge of manufacturing, there was no way I was rolling the dice with CD. In my searching for a kit I came across a company that appears to be a very high quality operation. They had replacement turbo kits on their website. They even had a shopping cart and checkout options. I called them up for the details and was told that yes they were selling the kits, all the R&D was done, and there would be a two week delivery due to the cost of the turbos and that they didnít stock them. They required $2000 down to order the turbo and in those two weeks they would prepare the kit and ship it out.

Meanwhile, I use my truck a lot with my business and down time was a major concern. Iím pretty sure I relayed this on the phone. I thought the price was high, but so is the quality and I could get by for a couple of weeks so I placed the order.

Iím NINE WEEKS in now. I havenít been able to get a straight answer. Phones donít get answered. Emails go un-responded to. Likely thatís because Iíve had enough and asked for my money back. I feel I have been lied to in nearly every communication that did take place. There is no doubt in my mind I have been strung along from day one so that I would place the order and my $2000 could be held hostage. Or maybe itís funding someone elseís project or something. I donít know but I do know this is no way to treat a paying customer.

So my question is: Is this just the nature of the industry? Is anyone out there trustworthy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Such a sad thing to see. Hopefully things take a turn for the best for you op.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did you pay with a CC? If so I would dispute it no questions asked. I know chit happens and there is always two sides to a story but 7 weeks over due? Unacceptable in my book

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-13-2013, 07:51 PM

Never heard of them. This is the reason I stick with reputable companies and active forum companies. If they are active on a forum they are obviously have concern in their customers and fellow customers. Best thing to do is dispute with the CC like stated and place an order with someone like SPE, MPD, or Elite.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:05 AM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Terrible, Call the CC. Its best to stick with a name that is known for having a good reputation.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Never heard of them.
Heard of who? Did I miss where he named the company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
This is the reason I stick with reputable companies and active forum companies. If they are active on a forum they are obviously have concern in their customers and fellow customers. Best thing to do is dispute with the CC like stated and place an order with someone like SPE, MPD, or Elite.
Based on his explanation- I suspect he did contact one of the vendors you've named here...?

OP- I've seen similar occurrences in the performance industry for all types of cars and trucks, gas and diesel. Unfortunately, sound business practices are not a prerequisite to hanging a sign outside a garage door, and it seems if you're halfway decent/ reputable it doesn't matter one bit if you cant scale to support the growth.

Your experience is unfortunate; but excellent shops do exist, they are just rare and typically expect to be rewarded handsomely for their output. I hope you're able to recoup your money, without being caught in the middle of an online drama, and give it to someone who can better handle the request.
Best of luck to you.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Heard of who? Did I miss where he named the company?

Based on his explanation- I suspect he did contact one of the vendors you've named here...?

OP- I've seen similar occurrences in the performance industry for all types of cars and trucks, gas and diesel. Unfortunately, sound business practices are not a prerequisite to hanging a sign outside a garage door, and it seems if you're halfway decent/ reputable it doesn't matter one bit if you cant scale to support the growth.

Your experience is unfortunate; but excellent shops do exist, they are just rare and typically expect to be rewarded handsomely for their output. I hope you're able to recoup your money, without being caught in the middle of an online drama, and give it to someone who can better handle the request.
Best of luck to you.
Yeah I think I totally misread his thread title and took Diesel Performance Industry for a company since he capitalized the first letter of every word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.