egr delete ?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
egr delete ??

ok once again i apologize in advance since im so new to these trucks but i just deleted my truck with the spartan tuner,mbrp exhaust, and afe stage 2 cai. now i know the spartan turns the egr off but i think im going to get the SDP egr delete kit but i guess my question is ... what is it going to gain me or will it gain anything? Also i need to get new boots for my intercooler pipes and also need to get something different for pipe because the one coming off the back of the engine looks like it connects to the turbo on drivers side is extremely loose and is causing a whistling sound and the one off the bottom of the egr seems to be quite loose as well. If i do the SDP egr delete does that get rid off the whole egr box on the driver side or am i not even thinking about the correct thing? sorry to sound dumb but once again these fords are new to me but i love the truck more since the deletes. thanks in advance and please be easy on me if my terminology was wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 PM

ok so just did some more reading on here and i got it figured out the egr is on the passenger side of the truck Jeez im an idiot. so another question now is on the drivers side of engine bay what is the gray aluminum box up front that the tubes i was talking about earlier connect to cause thats where my boots and plastic pipeing seems to be leaking and whistling from??
Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 AM

I believe that's your intercooler, not 100%sure though. Someone else May chyme in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 AM

I found out that the box is my charge air cooler?? Now anyone know where to get the tubes from ??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.