H&S intercooler pipe upgrade install review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 01:42 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
H&S intercooler pipe upgrade install review

I made the switch last night to the H&S tuner last night, which allows for the install of this intercooler upgrade pipe. (Spartan tune does not disable the throttle body butterfly valve so this kit can not be used with their tuner) Kit appears to be of high quality. I especially like the billet throttle body replacement. Install was pretty simple. Getting everything out was no issue...getting the new pipe/boots on was a bit of a hassle cuz it was difficult to get everything in line and tighten clamps without things moving...but an extra set of hands to help to hold things in place while tightening down the lower clamps helpled. I was shocked at the amount of soot/carbon that was caked in the throttle body and where it bolts to the manifold! The hippy epa **** on these trucks is surely killing these motor lifespan after seeing the amount of crap in there...it was 10x worse than what I saw when removing the egr pipes. The piece of mind that Im not risking being stranded on the side of the road with a blown plastic pipe vs the cost made this a must for me. If anything were to fail now on this kit it would be a boot, which could be found at any auto store vs that cheap plastic pipe that would have to be ordered from ford. Ill follow up after I get some more miles on this mod. Here are some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
H&S intercooler pipe upgrade install review-imag0170.jpg   H&S intercooler pipe upgrade install review-imag0171.jpg   H&S intercooler pipe upgrade install review-imag0172.jpg   H&S intercooler pipe upgrade install review-imag0173.jpg   H&S intercooler pipe upgrade install review-imag0174.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 05:59 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks great man! Thanks for the review and pictures!
LarryTowell likes this.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yea man thanks alot for the review i took my throttle body off my cummins shortly after deleting and ive been wondering if you could do it with the Powerstroke it is def a huge boost in piece of mind getting as much of that crap out as possible.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:14 PM

I've got the same kit sitting in my garage...deleted/tuned on wednesday and intercooler upgrade going on as well...Looks great, thanks for the pics
Old 11-12-2013, 05:32 PM
LORD OF WAR

I spent a lot of time reading forums since I decided to get mod happy so I figure each time I do something ill take pics and do a reviews to help others out seeking the same info I was...I feel a lot better about being out on the road with this pipe as I have been paranoid ever since reading about folks being stranded with the crappy plastic pipe blown up.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 PM
LORD OF WAR

Thread update...about 6k on this mod with no issues. Everything is tight and where it should be. 2 thumbs up...especially cuz I didn't spend all my time on the road worrying about that cheap plastic pipe blowing
Old 01-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have h&s on my 13, does it automaticaly disable butterfly, or is this just an option?
Old 01-16-2014, 03:47 PM
LORD OF WAR

I have an 11 but would assume the 13 is the same....might wanna call H&S to be sure but I would assume yes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whskiles View Post
I have h&s on my 13, does it automaticaly disable butterfly, or is this just an option?
Yes that's the only way it comes it deletes the butterfly valve its a good thing to do anyways and it moves the CAC temp sensor into the new CNC machined beauty of a throttle body
Old 07-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Premium Member

just ordered mine last night. sadly out of necessity and not a precautionary measure. anything i should take into account when installing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.