Time to delete? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Time to delete?

Ok guys, have 10k miles on my 2012 now and am about to delete, here's what I have ordered...

Mini maxx
S&B intake
Sinister egr delete
Flo pro 5" exhaust with muffler

For those of you in the know is this a good combo? My main reason for deleting is longevity, I plan to keep this truck at least 10 yrs. I tow a few times a year, about 12-15k gooseneck, no hot rodding except for the random hard acceleration

Please let me know what you guys think and if I'm missing something holler...

Brett

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 12:46 AM

I am about two steps behind you, but am trying to make the decision to delete the dpf/def also. My main reasoning is also for engine life, as this truck has enough power for me in stock trim. My main concern is turbo failure, as I have an '11.

From what I have read, it sounds like you have ordered the standard delete set up for these trucks. There have been a couple of threads about which muffler to go with recently, may be worth a read. Also sounds like a lot of people get the egr block off plates that are tapped for a pyrometer. Not sure if the sinister kit offers that or not.

Let us know how install goes and your thoughts after the first drive.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:52 AM

I sure will, thanks for the response. I'm pretty sure the sinister is tapped because I told the shop doing the work that i def want to keep an eye on egts and they said no problem!

Old 11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpilot View Post
Ok guys, have 10k miles on my 2012 now and am about to delete, here's what I have ordered...

Mini maxx
S&B intake
Sinister egr delete
Flo pro 5" exhaust with muffler

For those of you in the know is this a good combo? My main reason for deleting is longevity, I plan to keep this truck at least 10 yrs. I tow a few times a year, about 12-15k gooseneck, no hot rodding except for the random hard acceleration

Please let me know what you guys think and if I'm missing something holler...

Brett

how much for all of that???? just curious
Old 11-01-2013, 05:31 PM

3500$ installed...I also ordered the upgraded intercooler pipe kit from h&s...

Old 11-01-2013, 05:33 PM

A lot more than it was 8 months ago that's for gd sure

Old 11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just did the Sinister egr delete today and posted a thread about my experience with the install. Check it out...there are a few others on here too that have helpful information. I also have the S&B intake, no complaints and I love that it is completely enclosed. There are quite a few posts about the egt hook up...I did not use my sinister one as the hole is too small for the sensor that comes out of the dpf...I bought an additional block off plate from rudys diesel that fits the threads on the dpf egt sensor...I think it was h&s but cant remember. I have ordered the h&s intercooler pipe upgrade...should be here next week and ill post a write up with some pics after I knock that out. all the mentioned parts can be done yourself but an extra set of hands and patience are highly recommended. don't have any experience with the other stuff you have mentioned but figured I would offer my 2 cents on the stuff that I have recently done.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1each View Post
I just did the Sinister egr delete today and posted a thread about my experience with the install. Check it out...there are a few others on here too that have helpful information. I also have the S&B intake, no complaints and I love that it is completely enclosed. There are quite a few posts about the egt hook up...I did not use my sinister one as the hole is too small for the sensor that comes out of the dpf...I bought an additional block off plate from rudys diesel that fits the threads on the dpf egt sensor...I think it was h&s but cant remember. I have ordered the h&s intercooler pipe upgrade...should be here next week and ill post a write up with some pics after I knock that out. all the mentioned parts can be done yourself but an extra set of hands and patience are highly recommended. don't have any experience with the other stuff you have mentioned but figured I would offer my 2 cents on the stuff that I have recently done.
thanks for the info Nelson...I know I could do all the work except for the exhaust as I don't have the room or the help. I live about 4 miles from a real good diesel shop and they are gonna do it all for me in one day...Looking forward to seeing how she will run after.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:13 AM

Im planning on purchasing an H&S and FloPro 5" next week. Question I have is should I get a muffler or not? How bad is the drown?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:21 AM

I have been deleted now for about a 2 weeks. I couldnt be happier, I have the 5" Flo Pro Straight pipe. H&S Mini Maxx and S&B intake with the lid off. My next move is the H&S intercooler pipe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.