Aftermarket options for turbo replacement progress? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 04:50 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Aftermarket options for turbo replacement progress?

So I have cruised through all the aftermarket turbo threads here...ill be honest the will to keep reading through some of them has been lost because some of them are out of control. wondering if there is any new info out on replacement turbos for folks that are concerned about the reliability of the factory one. Any guys with reviews of replacements? I would love to do a replacement myself but never messed with a trubo before. I talked to the SPE folks on the phone today. They had a lot of good info. Figured id throw up a post to see what the latest and greatest info out there is before I decide what to do...before I blow my turbo up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't own a 6.7 but I have been reading up on them there is a guy on here with a confederate single setup and he loves it but after seeing all the other crap that has came from cfd I would be worried in all honesty I would check out Industrial injection for their single upgrade it looks really nice or wait and see what H&S motorsports comes out with saw a few pics and it looks like it will be a really nice kit. The SPE kit is nice but looks over priced I think they keep the hot air and cold air charge pipes that are plastic and I have seen pics of them blowing up. I've seen a couple pics of Maryland diesels kit and it also looks nice as well idk where you are located but there is a diesel shop in texas called mad matts diesel I follow his fb page and he's building a 6.7 for a customer with everything rods and all the goodies and its getting a big single and he is making his own single kit and it looks good!

Edit: it looks like Mad matt is using Marylands single setup if you want to look at his page he has a few pics of the build

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by Garett742; 10-29-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM
LORD OF WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garett742 View Post
I don't own a 6.7 but I have been reading up on them there is a guy on here with a confederate single setup and he loves it but after seeing all the other crap that has came from cfd I would be worried in all honesty I would check out Industrial injection for their single upgrade it looks really nice or wait and see what H&S motorsports comes out with saw a few pics and it looks like it will be a really nice kit. The SPE kit is nice but looks over priced I think they keep the hot air and cold air charge pipes that are plastic and I have seen pics of them blowing up. I've seen a couple pics of Maryland diesels kit and it also looks nice as well idk where you are located but there is a diesel shop in texas called mad matts diesel I follow his fb page and he's building a 6.7 for a customer with everything rods and all the goodies and its getting a big single and he is making his own single kit and it looks good!

Edit: it looks like Mad matt is using Marylands single setup if you want to look at his page he has a few pics of the build

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Thanks for the info...I just made a thread about an intercooler pipe upgrade...is this one of the plastic parts spe is not upgrading? I have been on overdrive searching upgrades for this truck. Had it almost 4 years and hadn't touched it until about a month ago...had an FFL side business and have to turn it in due to a military move...so I cashed out and dumping all the money in my truck
Old 10-29-2013, 05:51 PM

I don't think it would be a bad idea to wait and see if you cant get a kit from the 2015 setups to drop right in
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM
LORD OF WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
I don't think it would be a bad idea to wait and see if you cant get a kit from the 2015 setups to drop right in
What is the significance of what is coming in 2015?
Old 10-29-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1each View Post
Thanks for the info...I just made a thread about an intercooler pipe upgrade...is this one of the plastic parts spe is not upgrading? I have been on overdrive searching upgrades for this truck. Had it almost 4 years and hadn't touched it until about a month ago...had an FFL side business and have to turn it in due to a military move...so I cashed out and dumping all the money in my truck
hey if you want you can dump some of that money my way

Yes that is the pipe I am talking about along with I have heard the stock plastic intake or cold air intercooler to intake pipe/manifold cracks as well and that isnt upgreaded in SPE's kit H&S exhaust manifolds look great they look like art haha but the maryland diesel ones look awesome too its all up to you last I knew the SPE kit was like $3500 and I think I saw somewhere that the II kit will be $4000 which I would pay the extra $500 hell I might pay 1k more because you get the new intake and hot air charge pipe along with exhaust piping that SPE doesnt come with
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM
I wanna go fast!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Elites kit should be out in about a month. They look very nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.