EGR blockoff/delete running Spartan tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 01:37 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
EGR blockoff/delete running Spartan tune

Looking around at the different threads here seems to be a lot more info when it comes to other than Spartan tunes and stuff like egr block offs or deletes. I had read a thread last night about after blocking off the egr (which I had already done) there are 2 orange plugs that need to be removed. 1 on the egr and one on some flutter valve near the radiator on the right side(looking at the truck). I disconnected both of them and my truck ran weak. No check engine lights or anything but would not boost any higher than about 15-16 and was just slow. Called Spartan. Apparantly the disconnecting of these two plugs does not apply to those that are running Spartan tunes and disconnecting them will cause your truck to go into a reduced power mode...specifically its the flutter valve plug that caused this. I plugged them both back in and im running strong again. I guess Spartan's tunes there stuff a bit different than H&S when it comes to the egr.
Lastly I have the Sinister EGR delete kit, have not installed yet but will sooner or later. I found out that without the EGR Coolant tube from street diesel performance those with a Spartan tune will get a code. This tube is needed as the Spartan tuner monitors coolant temp and this coolant tube is required to install a sensor that is removed from the EGR after removal. When I get around to doing the install I will post up a thread with some pics and a review...but for not just wanted to pass along the info for those that are Spartan tuned and searching for information on this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what egts are you seeing at the block off plate after the delete?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
LORD OF WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos View Post
what egts are you seeing at the block off plate after the delete?
400ish at idle...600ish normal driving...800-900ish if I floor it
Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When you do the pipe from street diesel you might remove the grill and the passenger side headlight it might help you with getting to that side of the radiator.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:28 PM
LORD OF WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth View Post
When you do the pipe from street diesel you might remove the grill and the passenger side headlight it might help you with getting to that side of the radiator.
Thanks for the heads up...I plan on tackling this project tomorrow. I will post up some pics/review of how the project goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.