Dealer reflash and H&S?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealer reflash and H&S??

Hey gang-- im scheduled next week to have the truck in the the dealer to have some work done and they said they want to do some updates to the computer. This is the first time the dealer has touched the truck since it was new, as I do most of my own maintenance, so obviously it hasnt had any updates done to it. I have an H&S tuner and full delete. Should I let them do the updates (I have no idea what the updates are btw) or tell them dont touch the computer or die ......sorry if this is a re-post, I tried searching, but didnt have any luck finding what I wanted....thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Ordnance on coordinates

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't like anyone touching my computer.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:21 PM

If it aint broke, don't fix it! (Or break it, then fix it).

At a minimum, I would make them tell you ahead of time what the updates are.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:10 AM

I'm pretty sure if they update your computer while you have the H&S program in there it'll erase your aftermarket tuning and replace it with factory programming. I could be wrong and you could be fine but I wouldn't risk it.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:44 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When i took mine in they hook the computer up and it said "corrupted". They said they weren't able to update anything until returned to stock. Then they threatened to take my warranty away.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is completely BS! Fords warranty sucks. It really irritate me that they would void your warranty over a tuner. We had a Tundra come in with TRD supercharger, melted #7 piston and threw the rod out the side not once but TWICE! TRD corp covered the entire repair at $38,000 with brand new everything with no questions asked.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTundra11 View Post
That is completely BS! Fords warranty sucks. It really irritate me that they would void your warranty over a tuner. We had a Tundra come in with TRD supercharger, melted #7 piston and threw the rod out the side not once but TWICE! TRD corp covered the entire repair at $38,000 with brand new everything with no questions asked.
I'm pretty sure the TRD supercharger kits can be bought, installed and warrantied all through Toyota. Where as tampering with mandated emissions equipment and installing tuning by an aftermarket company is not covered under warranty in most cases, some dealers are mod friendly as much as they can be.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTundra11 View Post
was the supercharger installed by a certified toyota mechanic?
Old 10-20-2013, 01:32 PM

What Randy said. My local dealer service writer told me that they are mod friendly to an extent. They can clearly tell if you are running insane amount of boost and just flat out dogging the truck out, then he won't warranty it. But if it's driven civilized/moderate then he has no problem fixing it under warranty.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

no, customer did his own install and did not install the correct spark plugs and did not send to dealer to perform supercharger reflash. i just rebuilt a rear end on a tacoma last tuesday, he was at the dear lease got stuck in mud, shattered 3 of the 4 spider gears. since his truck is 4wd and covered in mud. we had to warranty it under drive train. thats just how much different the warranty is and i had a small scratch on my mirror and the motor gets hot and quits folding in and ford engineer said it was from impact damage and i am sh*t out of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.