Warhammer tune and ridiculous amount of boost? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 02:03 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Warhammer tune and ridiculous amount of boost?

I recently did the dpf delete and Spartan tune...I had the warhammer tune on for about 30 min before I decided to change it...I felt my truck was going to come unglued! It shifted ridiculous, sputtered a lot, slipped out of gear and then jumped back into gear, saw full pegged boost reading of 40 and it just didn't feel like that was good at all for the truck. I have since backed it down to the 165 tune and that seems to respond a lot better...oh and boost peaks about 32ish. Ive read through the threads till my eyes are bleeding so I just wanted to make a new post and ask you folks on your thoughts of what boost levels are safe for this truck...especially given all the talk about turbos going out on these things.
I left my truck alone for 3 years so now im starting to play with it...top gun customz lift is on the way...have the sinister egr delete but will probably wait another year or 2 for that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Read my first post in my thread detailed Spartan vs h&s comparison it will answer some of your questions. I ran the warhammer for 18 months

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 PM

A pre "hyper balanced" turbo (yours is a pre) will be toast in no time if you are hitting 30+ psi often.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 PM

I'm pretty sure mine is a pre hyper balanced turbo and I've been running the Warhammer tune for about 20,000 problem free miles, but I dont drive the shiz outta my truck.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_270 View Post
I'm pretty sure mine is a pre hyper balanced turbo and I've been running the Warhammer tune for about 20,000 problem free miles, but I dont drive the shiz outta my truck.
How often are you seeing 20psi? 25psi? 30psi?
Old 10-14-2013, 11:57 PM

Not very often, my truck is more of a highway cruiser than anything. The odd time I'll see over 20, and everyonce in a while when I'm in the right mood I'll put the peddle down and peg out the boost needle .
Old 10-15-2013, 01:39 AM

I have a Job 1 (pre hyper balanced turdbo) 2011 250. I've been tuned for close to 75000 miles with H&S, and kept it mostly on the hottest setting. I've driven the piss out of my truck and babied my truck and have had zero problems with my turbo. I saw boost spikes up to 35 psi all the time before the last H&S update that de tuned the turbo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye Diesel View Post
I have a Job 1 (pre hyper balanced turdbo) 2011 250. I've been tuned for close to 75000 miles with H&S, and kept it mostly on the hottest setting. I've driven the piss out of my truck and babied my truck and have had zero problems with my turbo. I saw boost spikes up to 35 psi all the time before the last H&S update that de tuned the turbo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Turdbo haha.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
A pre "hyper balanced" turbo (yours is a pre) will be toast in no time if you are hitting 30+ psi often.
That's not necessarily true. I've got 21k on mine tuned, it's an early 2011 build truck with the older style turbo running full time on HOT on the H&S and see 30-32psi daily.

Most of the turbo failures I've seen on tuned trucks were guys with MCC custom tunes running 36-38psi.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 AM

How does one know if the have the "hyper balanced" turbo or not? was there a time frame when they changed them or is that something they replaced upon failure. I have a 2012 Lariat CC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.