Tuner to adjust speedo and shifting - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Tuner to adjust speedo and shifting

What do you guys recommend as a tuner that can fix tire size and shifting points from the OEM tire vs new different sized tires? (Or perhaps make them even better) and fix the speedo?. I have a 2013 6.7 SCREW Lariet 4x4 SW and with almost a 7% speedo error.

I know squat about tuners so advice would be appreciated.

Ed

Last edited by edreddy; 10-10-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I went from the stock 275/70R18(33.2" tall) to a 325/65R18(34.6" tall) and according to my GPS my speedo is out by 1km/h at 110 and almost bang on at 100km/h... so what size did you go to get get 7% difference?? Did you GPS that? As for the tuner it all depends on if you want warranty or not. If you don't care about warranty then get an H&S Mini Maxx but if you don't want to lose your warranty then go to a Ford dealership and have them adjust it. Or you can get a Hypertec inline module that will let you entre any tire size and gear ratio where as most tuners and the dealership can only go up to a 34.1 in tall (factory) size.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edreddy View Post
What do you guys recommend as a tuner that can fix tire size and shifting points from the OEM tire vs new different sized tires? (Or perhaps make them even better) and fix the speedo?. I have a 2013 6.7 SCREW Lariet 4x4 SW and with almost a 7% speedo error.

I know squat about tuners so advice would be appreciated.

Ed
H&S can go up to a max of 34.5 tire which is the biggest factory tire available. It would be pretty close if you're on 37's still (assumption if you've got a 7% speedo error) it also is capable of adjusting the shift points/shift firmness and various power levels for performance. I've been running the H&S for the last year and 20k miles deleted and it's amazing what these trucks can do.

If you need more calibration for the speedo then that there are several companies making a standalone calibrator for tire size but I can't remember the brands offhand.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got a set of winter tires and rims from a 2012 F-350 XLT with the 265/70-R17 rims. My OEM rims are 285/70R-18. Just did a re-check of the calculations - it's 4.7% too fast now.

My dealership did not adjust my tire size because they didn't know how. If I'm to go back, what do I tell them? How do I get them to adjust the calculation for the tire size when they didn't offer it as a solution? I'm guessing some incompetence is happening on their side, but I want to help them fix this. I was thinking a tuner could fix it simpler, but if its' something the stealership, I mean dealership can do, why not?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edreddy View Post
I got a set of winter tires and rims from a 2012 F-350 XLT with the 265/70-R17 rims. My OEM rims are 285/70R-18. Just did a re-check of the calculations - it's 4.7% too fast now.

My dealership did not adjust my tire size because they didn't know how. If I'm to go back, what do I tell them? How do I get them to adjust the calculation for the tire size when they didn't offer it as a solution? I'm guessing some incompetence is happening on their side, but I want to help them fix this. I was thinking a tuner could fix it simpler, but if its' something the stealership, I mean dealership can do, why not?
Yes the dealership can fix it. Call them, or go back there, and tell them that your speedo is out and you want it adjusted. Even if it cost a few bucks, its still cheaper than a tuner and you don't void you warranty.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_270 View Post
Yes the dealership can fix it. Call them, or go back there, and tell them that your speedo is out and you want it adjusted. Even if it cost a few bucks, its still cheaper than a tuner and you don't void you warranty.

I've given them a call to see why they didn't set this yesterday. Kind of frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.