Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Has anyone tuned a 550 C&C?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  drunk on diesel 
#1 ·
My 550 C&C will run out of the engine warranty in about 8k miles. I am going to go pick up the truck tomorrow from dealer after turbo failed. So we have been kicking around doing a tuner and delete all the EPA crap. The truck is great...but the emission's suck. Has anyone done a tuner yet on a C&C? Don't want to do donuts and look like John Force:) but I think the lack of power and putting foot to floor is a lot of the problems with the emissions.

#3 ·
its a 12. I was on the ford parts.com and noticed that the all the part numbers are the same from my 12 550 c&c to our 13 f350. The turbo, injectors, heads,computers etc. are all the same. I wonder if our dealer could just reprogram the computer to make the truck think its a f350? just wondering.

#4 ·
No. We tried. The sensor layout is different. The ECM is physically different.

The part numbers are the same, but the aftermarket tuning is different. And the 13-14's are different from the 11-12's

As long as you get custom tuning specifically for your cab @ chassis, you'll be fine. Where are you located? If I had access to both trucks, I could write you a tune

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.