2013 6.7l intake kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 07:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 6.7l intake kit?

I just bought my first Turbo Diesel yesterday and I want to bring out that sweet turbo whistle. I know these trucks have weird emissions parts on them now and this is a twin turbo model. I'm not too concerned with deleting things right now because I have a 100,000mi warranty. I just want to know if there is any manufactures out there that actually make a decent setup for this scorpion motor. Figured I would come here first since what I have seen is single intake systems. Now, I know I'm not an idiot but I thought twin turbo required twin intakes... Your help is appreciated. Thank you and glad to be a part of this awesome community
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDsome08 View Post
I just bought my first Turbo Diesel yesterday and I want to bring out that sweet turbo whistle. I know these trucks have weird emissions parts on them now and this is a twin turbo model. I'm not too concerned with deleting things right now because I have a 100,000mi warranty. I just want to know if there is any manufactures out there that actually make a decent setup for this scorpion motor. Figured I would come here first since what I have seen is single intake systems. Now, I know I'm not an idiot but I thought twin turbo required twin intakes... Your help is appreciated. Thank you and glad to be a part of this awesome community
Its not a twin turbo. Its a single turbo with sequential hotsides (exhaust inlet).
Old 09-29-2013, 07:48 AM

Looks like I need to talk to the idiots that sold me the truck huh! lol. They might have been talking about the Ecoboost I traded in. Either way it was a miscommunication. I will read more on the new motor. Any suggestions as to a great intake system with the best price tag?
Old 09-29-2013, 07:51 AM

Dual compressor housing single exauhst housing.... Got it!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Looks like I need to talk to the idiots that sold me the truck huh! lol. They might have been talking about the Ecoboost I traded in. Either way it was a miscommunication. I will read more on the new motor. Any suggestions as to a great intake system with the best price tag?
Stock with a drop in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-29-2013, 11:09 AM

I know that stock with a drop in would be the cheapest but I'm looking for a lot more turbo spool up sound. I know I can get more Hp/Tq with a sealed intake but I don't want a quiter sound... I'd like cold air intake with open box that makes the turbo heard from a block away! Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 09-29-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I know that stock with a drop in would be the cheapest but I'm looking for a lot more turbo spool up sound. I know I can get more Hp/Tq with a sealed intake but I don't want a quiter sound... I'd like cold air intake with open box that makes the turbo heard from a block away! Any suggestions? Thanks
I did an S&B a few weeks ago on my 2011...you can definitely hear the turbo more...but until you or I can delete the DPF/DEF/EGR, it is what it is....a quiet diesel. YouTube a deleted 6.7 PSD.....
Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I installed a AFE stage 2 with a dry filter for a coworker on his 2012 6.7. Other than the intake his truck is all stock. There is definitely some more of that turbo whistle you are looking for. The quality of the kit was top notch and the install was fairly simple. The S&B intake is also real nice.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
AFE or S&B is the way to go.... we can get you both if your interested

-Raul
Old 09-29-2013, 01:22 PM

Awesome. I'm trying to track down a video on YouTube of them both. You guys are great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.