2013 6.7l intake kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 6.7l intake kit?

I just bought my first Turbo Diesel yesterday and I want to bring out that sweet turbo whistle. I know these trucks have weird emissions parts on them now and this is a twin turbo model. I'm not too concerned with deleting things right now because I have a 100,000mi warranty. I just want to know if there is any manufactures out there that actually make a decent setup for this scorpion motor. Figured I would come here first since what I have seen is single intake systems. Now, I know I'm not an idiot but I thought twin turbo required twin intakes... Your help is appreciated. Thank you and glad to be a part of this awesome community
AWDsome08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 50 Times in 43 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDsome08 View Post
I just bought my first Turbo Diesel yesterday and I want to bring out that sweet turbo whistle. I know these trucks have weird emissions parts on them now and this is a twin turbo model. I'm not too concerned with deleting things right now because I have a 100,000mi warranty. I just want to know if there is any manufactures out there that actually make a decent setup for this scorpion motor. Figured I would come here first since what I have seen is single intake systems. Now, I know I'm not an idiot but I thought twin turbo required twin intakes... Your help is appreciated. Thank you and glad to be a part of this awesome community
Its not a twin turbo. Its a single turbo with sequential hotsides (exhaust inlet).

2012 F250 CCSB 6.7 (3.73 gears) H&S Minimaxx (My own tuning), H&S 64mm turbo kit, H&S Dual Fueler, H&S Low Pressure Fuel System, H&S CCV delete, No Limit s2 Intake, PMF 3-link, PMF traction bars, Fox 2.0s, Icon 2.5" coils, Platinum 20s w/ 295/65 toyo at2s, Airlift bags and wireless controller, TFI 50gal, rollX, AMPboards,
jcain is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks like I need to talk to the idiots that sold me the truck huh! lol. They might have been talking about the Ecoboost I traded in. Either way it was a miscommunication. I will read more on the new motor. Any suggestions as to a great intake system with the best price tag?
AWDsome08 is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dual compressor housing single exauhst housing.... Got it!
AWDsome08 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 50 Times in 43 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDsome08 View Post
Looks like I need to talk to the idiots that sold me the truck huh! lol. They might have been talking about the Ecoboost I traded in. Either way it was a miscommunication. I will read more on the new motor. Any suggestions as to a great intake system with the best price tag?
Stock with a drop in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 F250 CCSB 6.7 (3.73 gears) H&S Minimaxx (My own tuning), H&S 64mm turbo kit, H&S Dual Fueler, H&S Low Pressure Fuel System, H&S CCV delete, No Limit s2 Intake, PMF 3-link, PMF traction bars, Fox 2.0s, Icon 2.5" coils, Platinum 20s w/ 295/65 toyo at2s, Airlift bags and wireless controller, TFI 50gal, rollX, AMPboards,
jcain is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know that stock with a drop in would be the cheapest but I'm looking for a lot more turbo spool up sound. I know I can get more Hp/Tq with a sealed intake but I don't want a quiter sound... I'd like cold air intake with open box that makes the turbo heard from a block away! Any suggestions? Thanks
AWDsome08 is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Black2011SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Goodyear, AZ
Posts: 273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDsome08 View Post
I know that stock with a drop in would be the cheapest but I'm looking for a lot more turbo spool up sound. I know I can get more Hp/Tq with a sealed intake but I don't want a quiter sound... I'd like cold air intake with open box that makes the turbo heard from a block away! Any suggestions? Thanks
I did an S&B a few weeks ago on my 2011...you can definitely hear the turbo more...but until you or I can delete the DPF/DEF/EGR, it is what it is....a quiet diesel. YouTube a deleted 6.7 PSD.....
Black2011SD is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 12:22 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman
 
PolarBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Union, MO/ Pomona, CA
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I installed a AFE stage 2 with a dry filter for a coworker on his 2012 6.7. Other than the intake his truck is all stock. There is definitely some more of that turbo whistle you are looking for. The quality of the kit was top notch and the install was fairly simple. The S&B intake is also real nice.

2012 F350 XLT CCLB 4x4 6.7

PolarBear is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Raul@Stealth Automotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 23
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
AFE or S&B is the way to go.... we can get you both if your interested

-Raul
Raul@Stealth Automotive is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 09-29-2013, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome. I'm trying to track down a video on YouTube of them both. You guys are great.
AWDsome08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome