Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck shakes at about 50 mph

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SHOWOFF 
#1 ·
back in February 2013 I had a 6" pro comp suspension lift and 37" tires installed on my 2011 Ford F250 CC FX4 and everything went and drove smooth. I have noticed that about the few weeks later when I got up to about 50 mph the truck would bounce/ shake and then it would go away when I got up to about 51-52 mph. I took my truck back to 4 wheel parts in Austin and they changed the Pro Comp AT tires to Nitto Trail Grapplers and everything went and drove smooth again. Its been several weeks again and it is shaking again at about 50 mph. Does anyone have any what causes this and how to fix it. Any advice is appreciated.

#2 ·
Sounds like my truck. I can rotate my tires and after so many miles (2-3k) it will start to get a small bounce/shake at a certain speed. I just rotate them again but I believe I need an alignment.

#3 ·
Come to Louisiana and drive on our roads. The last thing you will notice is a vibration. Driving on our roads here is like driving in a Baha competition. That being said, I was diving on some nice Texas roads, and did notice that I have a vibration at 70 miles per hour, and was going to bring it in for a tire rotation and balance. I read in another thread that this is becoming a common complaint in newer trucks. One tread even suggested it may be the drive shaft and not tires. I am new to super duty trucks so still sorting it all out. Please let us know if you find a cure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.