Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

h&s tuner

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  skewby 
#1 ·
my brother brought his 2012 f-250 over to the house his morning. the pyro gauge on his h&s minituner is just reading 32 degrees. let the truck set for a few hours, started it up as soon as the gauges started reading the pyro jumped right to 32 degrees again. took it for a ride, ran it hard and just cruised around and the pyro stays locked on 32 degrees. does anyone know what could be causing the problem? the truck still runs great with know problems other than he said the his fuel milage has dropped around 3 mpg. any input would be appreciated

#2 ·
Pyro manulfuction doesn't have anything to do with his mpg loss. I'd contact H&S and see what they say, how old is the monitor/tuner?

#3 ·
In the settings on the tuner, make sure you have the right pyrometer source selected.

Did your brother delete his DPF? Only way your MPG would drop is if he is plugging up his DPF with dpf off tunes. :dunno:

#4 ·
#5 ·
Has it read over 200* or shot to 2222* since it was installed?

#6 ·
the tuner is 14-16 months old. he said that one day the pyro got over 2000 and the truck started running funny, like it was running out of fuel, he pulled over turned it off and restarted the truck and ever since it has only read 32 degrees

#8 ·
Reason i ask different tunes use different temp probs. Example. Powerlabs uses the EGR prob while SPE uses the DPF probe. I switched to SPEs' tune didnt change to DPF prob and mine would read 32* or sky rocket to 2222+.

#9 · (Edited)
tank what is odd is the fact that the truck has had all this work done to it (tuner, exhaust, exh filter delete) since its had 10k miles. the turbo went out and it was replaced by the dealer all was fine for around 3k miles then 32 pops up in the pyro. as far i know his h&s minimax was a direct plug into the factory harness

#10 ·
:popcorn2:

#11 ·
So the EGR block off plates with EGT probe bung isn't installed?

#13 ·
You have no idea what im talking about do you? lol Apparently you don't have a prob installed so your not going to get actual numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.