Questions about H & S Pro "Street" Tuner for 2013 Ford - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions about H & S Pro "Street" Tuner for 2013 Ford

After being hit by a drunk driver last week, it looks like I'll be replacing my 2010 F250 with a 2013 F350.

I've been running a Spartan system with full delete since 2008 but am considering going with H & S on the new truck, with all the EPA crap in-place.

Will I see a significant "seat of your pants" increase in performance running the tunes that come with the H & S?

Will my truck regenerate more frequently?

Will my fuel economy suffer?

Will my truck use more Diesel Exhaust Fluid?

Am I going to miss my 6.4 running the Spartan 250 tune?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 PM

Im sure you will miss the Spartan 250 tune, but the comfort of the new truck will make you forget about that. If I was going to do on road tuning only. I would contact Innovative diesel, that way you have custom tuning along with onroad tuning. Now, if I was going to delete, then obviously H&S or Spartan is the only way to go
Old 09-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about the truck. Hopefully everyone escaped uninjured.

I agree with Woodboy, the torque 2.2 from Innovative Diesel is a reasonable option.

the difference in the 2010 to the 2013 is tier 3 to to tier 4 diesel emissions standards.
It will be much more likely IMHO that a truck built after July 2010 will be required to go through at least a visual check of emission's systems.

The street tuner does require more frequent re generations in my experience.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd_shop View Post
Sorry to hear about the truck. Hopefully everyone escaped uninjured.

I agree with Woodboy, the torque 2.2 from Innovative Diesel is a reasonable option.

the difference in the 2010 to the 2013 is tier 3 to to tier 4 diesel emissions standards.
It will be much more likely IMHO that a truck built after July 2010 will be required to go through at least a visual check of emission's systems.

The street tuner does require more frequent re generations in my experience.
The torq 2 is not what I was referring to. That is not tunes. Innovative has tunes on the SCT for the 6.7

Here is a review. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/ar...p/t-10110.html

I ask that the mods allow this link as it is a review of a product, not trying to promote the forum it is located within.

I know that eric's Street tune went 14.28. Again that is the street, not the extreme Street tune that he has

Last edited by WoodBoy; 09-11-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Im sure you will miss the Spartan 250 tune, but the comfort of the new truck will make you forget about that. If I was going to do on road tuning only. I would contact Innovative diesel, that way you have custom tuning along with onroad tuning. Now, if I was going to delete, then obviously H&S or Spartan is the only way to go
Your guessing this second hand since you DON't have a 6.7? Sorry helping the guy out.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:18 AM

What am I guessing second hand? I have to have a title of a 6.7 in my name? I drove a 6.7 almost daily at my previous job (1 F250 and 1 F350 SRW, and 1 F350 DRW) and my father also owns a 250. I do installs locals also but I guess all that is second hand. I have experience with all three said companies, but the only thing I do not have experience with is the street tuning of IDP on the 6.7 so I have to base solely on reviews for that. But I also believe those reviews because I run his tunes on my 6.4 along with having a close friend with a previous 6.0 running IDP tunes
Old 09-11-2013, 09:51 AM

You didn't give examples and haven't/dont own is all i was pointing out. Lots of $hit talkers on here. I've gotten so much false info off here the only questions i've asked in the past was about a full truck cover. lol
Old 09-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ron Burgundy - That Escalated Quickly - YouTube
Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM

Lmao Blake... but I don't understand how you want to call someone out because they don't own the year model pickup to question their knowledge? Some of the best builders in the industry still drive 7.3s and 6.0s or duramaxs and cummins. If it isn't something I would recommend to my dad or run myself, then I don't know it or dont have faith in it, so I'm not going to recommend it to anyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.