Garrett turbos in the future? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Garrett turbos in the future?

Anyone heard about the possibility of Garrett making am aftermarket turbo for the 6.7? I had a powermax on my 6.0 and my LMM Duramax and loved them both! Would love to have one on my 6.7. I'm not looking for tons of extra power. I just miss that screaming turbo!

Are there any other turbo options for the 6.7 that sound remotely close to the powermax?

Jeremy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

MPD, SPE, Elite, H&S Motorsports and a few other reputable companies should be releasing their turbo kits at anytime. Other than that, that's about all I have seen for the 6.7. Most turbos that are out are BW
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM

I have a CFD kit on my truck. It runs great and they were really great to work with.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Im not sure I would recommend CFD to my worst enemy. There are wayyy too many failures/ shotty jobs. I have seen maybe 3 people that were satisfied
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg2500HD View Post
Anyone heard about the possibility of Garrett making am aftermarket turbo for the 6.7? I had a powermax on my 6.0 and my LMM Duramax and loved them both! Would love to have one on my 6.7. I'm not looking for tons of extra power. I just miss that screaming turbo!

Are there any other turbo options for the 6.7 that sound remotely close to the powermax?

Jeremy
We actually have a kit that uses the Garrett powermax or a standard garrett from the duramax on a 6.7.
It is basically drop in but the pricing is much higher than we would like it.
I am out of town on business currently, but next week I will get some pictures up.
We have sent a kit like this to a customer in Colorado.
It has not been fully installed yet.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 PM

WoodBoy I would like to apologize. After reading Dan's thread I'm with you 110%. CFD needs to be shut down for good.

Last edited by sombrero; 09-11-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Change of opinion
Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg2500HD View Post

Jeremy
Check out Elites website, they have powermax kits for the 6.7. They are pretty expensive and I'm not sure if they are just taking pre orders or if they are available yet.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 PM

Elite has a 4094AVNT kit, that turbo has pushed duramaxes past 650HP, spool & tow great with fueling mods. A 68mm VGT turbo? Heck yes I want one! Do I want to pay 5600$ for elites kit, plus their fuel filter relocation kit? Heck NO!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Banned

Actually Danville performance has pushed a dmax on stock bottom over 800 rwhp with this turbo.
It has a 71 mm compressor wheel.

We sell those turbo's and they are very popular on dmax.

I am hoping to price a kit very close to our current price with the exception of the upgrade cost of the turbo.

We want the price to stay under 4000 dollars.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 PM

I am very much aware of this, however that turbo with how it spools in a low rpm range will detonate the block to pieces because of the piece of $hit powdered rods. That turbo would be great on a wastegated setup with dual fuelers and a built bottom end. I am wanting a 4094 that is tuned with a wastegate to keep drive psi down up top, and mcc tuning to keep low rpm boost low to prevent a catastrophic event from unfolding under my hood if you know what I mean. I can get a 4094AVNT from Meyer performance for 1800$, just need the plumbing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.