Successfully deleted! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 03:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Successfully deleted!

So this morning I woke up early and hauled *** out to Chaplin CT. To the shop of street diesel performance. Sean and Scott are real good guys. I have modified many cars before. I have had experiences on both sides of the spectrum in the tuning industry. Most tuners are bs artists and professional scam artists. I have met few stand up guys in the industry and, these guys are definitely one of them. Everything went as planned. I arrived promptly at seven am. And Sean let the truck cool down for a few mins then went right to work. He installed the following. Afe drop in filter, street diesels egr block off plate kit with pyro to read egts. I opted to go with Sean's custom dpf delete pipe with muffler. I decided to go with the spartan dash daq as it has some nice features and I was told its the most undetectable tuner. Since it returns the stock file exactly as the truck was before the tune. Plus, drew tech writes the factory programming for ford. I also don't feel comfortable with changing maps on the fly. I am currently running spartan 120 tune. So far the truck hasn't picked up any of the bad habits people speak of with the war hammer tune. However I also was nice to it on the way home. I figured since the tranny has adaptive learning it would shift the way I broke the truck in with the tune. So I was nice to it and so far truck shifts good. Smooth when not under load and firm when you get on it. I left there two hours later after hanging out bsing and checking out Sean's collection of bad *** fords. I think when I left he had to wipe all the drool off his his fleet of bad *** powerstrokes. If anyone in the tristate area needs anything. I am highly endorsing street diesel performance. I immediately felt like I was amongst friends. Looking forward to having SDP set me up with a icon lift kit. Truck runs much cooler now too. These things really are stupid fast for hd trucks. Oh and I reset my mpg meter in Sean's driveway for the way home and I averaged 21mpg on the highway, on the way home. I like seans custom dpf delete with the muffler. My truck is still pretty quiet and doesn't hiss nearly as much as the straight piped dpf delete. I may do the exhaust with a 4" filter back if I am feeling brazen about being deleted. However for now I wanted stealthiness and I wanted it to be relatively easy for me to put the truck back to stock if need be. I think SDP helped me accomplish everything I wanted so far with this truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by Got stroke?; 08-10-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

enjoy! I run the flo pro duals straight piped and it sounds mean!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:11 PM

Big bobber what state are you in? I am close to manhattan and I am trying to be as discreet as possible about being deleted. I don't really know if cops have been schooled in this EPA stuff. I obviously don't think the cops going to be pulling me over on site as if he knows my truck is deleted. However if I get pulled over which does happen from time to time. The tuner is right there in their face when you roll down the drivers side window. The nice think about the dash daq is that it looks like a Garmin nav. I don't even no how they would go about inspecting the vehicle for emissions equipment.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I live in Canada so its all good... but yea I could definitely be ticketed for the noise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.