low horsepower 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-06-2013, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
low horsepower 6.7

I have a 2013 f-550 rated at 300 hp. What can I do to boost it up to 400+hp like the 250 & 350's and still be reliable?
70white is offline  
post #2 of 9 Old 08-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
WoodBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,706
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It is detuned because of the difference in turbo and other little odds and ends. You can delete it and tune it but you might be buying a turbo soon

2010 CC/SB FX4 Lariat.. Tuned By Eric@IDP and Matt@Gearhead

Thinking about getting rid of the stock 6.7 turbo?
Check this out... and research before buying



http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...ustration.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...round-2-a.html
WoodBoy is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 08-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 210a Maple Ave
Posts: 799
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70white View Post
I have a 2013 f-550 rated at 300 hp. What can I do to boost it up to 400+hp like the 250 & 350's and still be reliable?
If you were to tune it up you may want to consider adding a wastegate to save the factory turbo.
You would add it in place of the egr valve.
cfd_shop is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 08-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
WoodBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,706
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd_shop View Post
If you were to tune it up you may want to consider adding a wastegate to save the factory turbo.
You would add it in place of the egr valve.
Has this even been proven or tested period? I recommend not suggesting someone R&D with the money in their pocket.

2010 CC/SB FX4 Lariat.. Tuned By Eric@IDP and Matt@Gearhead

Thinking about getting rid of the stock 6.7 turbo?
Check this out... and research before buying



http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...ustration.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...round-2-a.html
WoodBoy is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 08-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 210a Maple Ave
Posts: 799
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Has this even been proven or tested period? I recommend not suggesting someone R&D with the money in their pocket.
Yes it has been proven for years and years on millions of trucks and cars that use wastegates.
A wastegate is not a new invention. It is a standard solution to a turbo that is being oversped by excessive exhaust gas flow and drive pressure.

Has anyone put one on a 6.7 yes Ford did it on the f250/350 turbo.

In fact Ford had one on the 6.7 powerstroke cab and chassis until they are deleted.
The egr is used as a wastegate to prevent turbo overspeed.
So we are not adding anything new, just replacing the stock egr/wastegate with a larger upgraded aftermarket unit.
cfd_shop is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 210a Maple Ave
Posts: 799
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Woodboy don't forget you guys all cried our turbo kit was not proven.
After 100 units it is working great, and we have 3 other companies mimicking the original design.

Also I think Elite Diesel has done the same thing on a 6.4 deleteing the egr and replacing it with a wastegate IIRC.

Last edited by cfd_shop; 08-06-2013 at 08:08 PM.
cfd_shop is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
WoodBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,706
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd_shop View Post
Woodboy don't forget you guys all cried our turbo kit was not proven.
After 100 units it is working great, and we have 3 other companies mimicking the original design.


Also I think Elite Diesel has done the same thing on a 6.4 deleteing the egr and replacing it with a wastegate IIRC.
Im sorry I am not even going to reply to this. I can't help but laugh.

To the wastegate solution crap. The turbos are **** on the C&C already and fail in stock form WITH a wastegate. Sure you could open the wastegate sooner, what are you going to do about the air to match the fuel if turned up? Im pretty sure I know what a wastegate does and your smart remark about millions of cars doesn't prove anything as many turbos are in much better form than the stock 6.7 turbos

2010 CC/SB FX4 Lariat.. Tuned By Eric@IDP and Matt@Gearhead

Thinking about getting rid of the stock 6.7 turbo?
Check this out... and research before buying



http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...ustration.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...round-2-a.html

Last edited by WoodBoy; 08-07-2013 at 04:50 AM.
WoodBoy is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Im sorry I am not even going to reply to this. I can't help but laugh.

To the wastegate solution crap. The turbos are **** on the C&C already and fail in stock form WITH a wastegate. Sure you could open the wastegate sooner, what are you going to do about the air to match the fuel if turned up? Im pretty sure I know what a wastegate does and your smart remark about millions of cars doesn't prove anything as many turbos are in much better form than the stock 6.7 turbos
Cinder

CFD_shop, hacking yet another thread. Trying to promote their product = really annoying

Maybe try speaking when asked to directly.
Superdutymatrix is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 08-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIG Laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdutymatrix View Post
Cinder

CFD_shop, hacking yet another thread. Trying to promote their product = really annoying

Maybe try speaking when asked to directly.
couldn't of said it better myself.

2013 Lariat Eco-Boost F150 Super Crew 4x4 20K Miles. Max-Tow 3.73's, luxury package. Amp Steps, Raceline Raptor Wheels, Bak-Flip, and much more.


(Sold) 2011 Lariat 6.7 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4 60K MILES
Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/R18 on OEM's
BIG Laing is offline  
Reply

Tags
confederate blows

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome