13 Platinum Ready to Install DPF & EGR Delete, EGT Kit, & Intake! Advice Needed! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
13 Platinum Ready to Install DPF & EGR Delete, EGT Kit, & Intake! Advice Needed!

Getting ready to empty out my garage from all the parts I have been storing up to put on my truck. I have a MBRP DPF Delete 5" Exhaust, Sinister EGR Delete, S&B Intake Kit, H&S Mini Maxx Tuner, and the H&S EGT Kit.

My big question is where do I start? I have searched and everyone says something different this is what I have gathered from my research just need some confirmation from the guys that have done this:

1. Install H&S Mini Maxx Off Road Tune
2. Install DPF Delete
3. Install EGR Delete
4. Install S&B Intake
5. Install EGT KIT
6. Modify Pyro Settings in Mini Maxx

Am I on the right track on do I need to do something different? I having a shop do the install because I don't have the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i would tune the truck and start it one time with dpf still on. after you know it starts then remove the dpf and take it for a drive. make sure the tuning goes through before you start going any deeper. then egr delete, intake, and egt pyro kit next. you can do it the way you have listed but i just like to make sure the tune goes on the truck before i start modifying too deeply for it to be easily returned to stock so that you dont risk totally blowing the warranty.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:04 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keep in mind, there is no need to a EGT kit. Alls you need do is uninstall of the othe EGT probes from the facotry DPF and install it into the EGR block-off plate that has the bung for it. Then plug it into the corresponding plug that on the front side of the motor, and wah-la, you have EGT gauge on source 1 on H&S pyro source select.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

I would install the minimax first (dpf on) and make sure that goes smoothly before doing the labor on the hard parts. There have been some failures on the fist download that bricks the factory computer. A small percentage, but it happens. Once you have it running on H&S drive it around a bit and make sure it's OK, then do the hardparts.
You do not need a H&S pyro, there are like 4 of them in the factory exhaust you can use.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 AM

So it's okay to drive around for a bit with the truck tuned and DPF still on? Sounds like plan. Hoping to get the truck into the shop sometime next week!

Thanks guys.

I ordered the H&S EGT Plate so I could use the factory stuff like everyone suggested.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINOONE View Post
So it's okay to drive around for a bit with the truck tuned and DPF still on? Sounds like plan. Hoping to get the truck into the shop sometime next week!

Thanks guys.

I ordered the H&S EGT Plate so I could use the factory stuff like everyone suggested.

He is saying to use dpf on tune first. Don't tune for dpf off and drive around with the dpf still installed. Your truck will throw a code and shut down.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 PM

Geese thanks for the clarification on that!

Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So y'all dont think the egr delete is necessary? It can't hurt as keeping the hot exhaust temps out of the intake is a good thing. Or are y'all saying there is a better way to do it without buying the kit. I know it's turned off w the tuner.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:22 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
No I tune dpf off. Start the truck dpf is still on to just make sure the tune takes and once I know it starts I remove dpf. Just don't drive it around like that. Just do it to make sure it starts.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:21 AM

When you say egt kit do you mean the block off plates or just the h&s pyro? Since you bought the egr delete you don't need the h&s pyro or the block off plates. If you want to use the egr block off plates you don't need the h&s pyro either. You use one pyro from the exhaust.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.