H&S VS. Spartan tuning! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S VS. Spartan tuning!

Well i ordered the H&S race tuner, and after talking to a friend of mine he is saying go Spartan. I know the SPartan was a badass tuner on the 6.4's but from what i am reading i thought i did the right thing with going with the H&S. I'm not upset by no means but i haven't put everything on the truck yet and would like to know you guys opinions on the 2 programmers.

Are the 2 comparable as far as power?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Banned

Fwiw spartan tunes ran really great. The warhammer tune is as hot as they get!
Imho they have less timing than h and s and may be easier on internals.
I prefer h and s because of the mcc tuning option.
it is very very easy to use.

I think you have the best product for the 6.7 With h and s as far as upgrading and flexabilty.
If all you want to do is tune the truck than maybe the spartan.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had a Spartan tuner and I have never had a H&S but I would never ever get another Spartan they may have all the power in the world, but if you are looking to ever get a different turbo and want tuning I bet you won't get it from them. There customer service is horrible. I maybe disgruntle because I had a problem and well basically got no help from them. So I traded the truck off left the Spartan on it and got a new 2013 thats stock for now.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Spartan has great customer service! The dash daq has much better data monitoring options over the mini max. If you never plan to have more than just a programmer exhaust and egr delete, it's hands down spartan over H&S.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth View Post
I had a Spartan tuner and I have never had a H&S but I would never ever get another Spartan they may have all the power in the world, but if you are looking to ever get a different turbo and want tuning I bet you won't get it from them. There customer service is horrible. I maybe disgruntle because I had a problem and well basically got no help from them. So I traded the truck off left the Spartan on it and got a new 2013 thats stock for now.
Was that tha ac problem we discussed a few months ago?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:49 PM

Yes it sure was. Fixed the ac problem by getting rid of the truck. Much happier now, and cooler. The tunes ran pretty good they just boost really fast and hard its almost like they spiked and then that was it. Sometimes it felt like there was no curve to them. The dash daq was really nice I agree with you on that. But with all the other options you can get with H&S and other companies writing tunes you can use with the H&S I think its a no brainer, but thats just me. To each his own
Old 07-04-2013, 06:57 PM

I enjoy my Spartan. I had the hard shifting with the warhammer but I just sent an email to Mick and the next day I had a new transmission tune. Now it shifts smooth like butter unless you get on it, then it'll shift firm like its supposed to. Over all very happy with the product. But like stated before, the H&S has MCC tuning which allows for custom tuning.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think the main downside about the spartan for me is the fact you have to pay spartan to unlock the tuner in order for you to sell it. That is a crappy way of doing business in my mind......and one of the reason I will not buy a programmer from them.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:11 AM

H&S is the way to go. Spartan has a fancy screen. That's it. H&S has the most versatility with tuning options right out of the box PLUS custom tuning options that are unparalleled by ANY Powerstroke tuning outfit.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Banned

We have a spartan that a customer had to trade in for an H and S box when he had a turbo kit installed.

How much will Spartan charge us to unlock it so we can sell it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.