Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fixing to Bail off!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  lilman-bigstroke 
#1 ·
Well i have come to my senses and fixing to do the deletes with full exhaust striaght pipe and go with the H&S minimax. I've been reading on here and have read nothing but positive feedback with this setup. My question is, going with the AFE intake does it help with mileage because i hear from both sides of the fence that yeah it helps with mileage and no it doesn't offset the cost. Mad Matt's Diesel Performance out of Fort Worth Texas will be doing the upgrades. Very nice guy to talk with and was very informative. So is there anything that i should look out for, i am not dumb to diesels, use to run a duramax with all the goodies and loved it. New to Powerstrokes so any input on my selection would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

#3 ·
In my opinion, AFE makes a quality intake, have ran them on all of my trucks accept for this one, I am using the S&B dry filter unit. Also a very quality intake, integrated with ford cold air suction very well. As to fuel mileage, I cannot comment as the truck only has 380 miles on it. However I did get 18.2 the other day with 50/50 interstate and putting around the lake all day. Pretty darn good. The last 80 miles have all been denver interstates and stop and go. The lie-o-meter is sitting at 16.9 still, if its close, I will take that any day for big city driving.

#4 ·
Matt is a good guy he will get you fixed up. If you have questions just chat with him and that will help make your decision

#6 ·
I just installed an S&B intake a while back. Ran my truck with just a delete pipe and tune for about for about 9000 miles averaged 17.5-18.5mpg. Then installed my intake about 3200 miles ago and now im averaging 18-19mpg. The exhaust also sounds louder and you can hear the engine sucking air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.