SPE HOT-X tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SPE HOT-X tune

So to do the tune or not to. I have been hearing ranting and raving over this tune. I also have a single cab and wanna see the power this tune can pull. Whats all included and whats everyones feelings/wisdom on a tune of this magnitude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Do it. I've had it for two weeks and there isn't anything better out there. I went with the wild trans tuning; I would say it takes H&S trans tuning and one ups it. The power is always there at all throttle positions. If your not a fan of smoke, you won't be happy there. I don't mind it. '12 Lariat Ccsb fx4, K&N cai, sinister egr delete, MBRP 5" straight, mini max. Best 1/4 mile according to my mini was 13.7 spinning all 4 tires. 5.2 to 60. I'd imagine in your single cab it'll be pretty hard to keep tires on it.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hot x was tempting til I blew the turbo with h&s hot. I imagine the spe hot x will be even harder on one
Old 06-15-2013, 02:31 PM

^^^ whs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That's not necessarily true. That's alot of different setting you can tweak. Did either of you actually have it on your truck?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabStroker View Post
That's not necessarily true. That's alot of different setting you can tweak. Did either of you actually have it on your truck?
You think the extra 50hp is magical?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Obviously magical enough to spend 100$. In my mind its justifiable, in your mind obviously not. But then again I don't have all the stuff to strain my turbo such *** added dead wait like yourself.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orstad21 View Post
Do it. I've had it for two weeks and there isn't anything better out there. I went with the wild trans tuning; I would say it takes H&S trans tuning and one ups it. The power is always there at all throttle positions. If your not a fan of smoke, you won't be happy there. I don't mind it. '12 Lariat Ccsb fx4, K&N cai, sinister egr delete, MBRP 5" straight, mini max. Best 1/4 mile according to my mini was 13.7 spinning all 4 tires. 5.2 to 60. I'd imagine in your single cab it'll be pretty hard to keep tires on it.
That exactly what I wanted to hear! How many miles have you put on it? It not meant to tow, just performance. How's tranny? Pretty firm?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
That exactly what I wanted to hear! How many miles have you put on it? It not meant to tow, just performance. How's tranny? Pretty firm?

I'm almost at 18,000 on the truck. I would say around 12,000 tuned and deleted. SPE Hot X about 3,000... I haven't pulled anything with my truck, well I pulled a jeep out of a swamp, but thats it.
The tranny, I would like to use the word firm, not a bad firm though. Torque Converter lock up is very fast. Shifts are also faster. I do notice it shifts up a gear at slightly lower speeds. In other words I can run 6th in drive at 44-45 mph.
There is a small amount more turbo lag off the line, and smoke, but it's all made up in the end when the turbo spools up. I had my defuel set for 32 psi and would hit it just going up a hill at 1/4 throttle, in a high gear. I bumped it up to 34 psi and haven't hit it yet... (no comments from the peanut gallery about where I choose to set things on my truck please)
I have yet to defuel for egt's, that's set at 1350... I will recommend this tune any chance I get to anyone on the fence about getting it.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Obviously magical enough to spend 100$. In my mind its justifiable, in your mind obviously not. But then again I don't have all the stuff to strain my turbo such *** added dead wait like yourself.
That made a bunch of sense. You sound pretty intelligent. I bet we could have a real fact-infused conversation with that sort of dribble. Any how, since you couldn't coherently decipher my post I suppose I could do it for you. That 50hp that spe makes over h&s will come at a price, either total timing advance increased or more fuel and boost. The former puts your stock rods at risk and the latter puts the already suspect turbo at risk. I'm betting it's the latter. In which case my turbo chunked with the lesser H&s tune so I fathomed the spe to be more risky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.