Torq 2.2 questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Torq 2.2 questions

When I bought my 6.7 a few months ago I was so impressed with the power that I figured I wouldn't want to do anything to it () so I bought an extended warranty. Now I'm getting the itch for mods ...

So far the only thing I've seen that doesn't register in the pcm would be the Torq 2.2, but after looking on the Innovative website I can't seem to find anything that details what it actually does/how it works. The Dyno chart they show looks pretty impressive so I'm very interested, but I'd like to know more before I go hooking it up to my $60k truck.

I've also considered a CAI, but those have mixed reviews concerning their actual benefit. So another question would be, do I have to remove this stuff before taking it in for service work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm running Innovative's Torq2...the original version, they're now up to 2.2. The power is nice I bought it off a member here and have only had it on the truck about a week now. Power is definitely noticeable and fuel mileage is just as good, maybe a little better, but I haven't filled up again since I put it on to see if the dash close or not to hand calculated.

I'm running an AFE dryflow drop in filter in mine. If you're not going hog wild on power an air intake these days is pretty pointless for the price when a drop in will give you lifetime serviceability without a $250+ price tag.

I would pull the Torq2 if you're taking the truck in for service work...it's a 10 minute removal and you won't have to worry about the dealer finding it. Air intakes are up in the air if the dealer would complain, have to feel them out on that.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put a Banks CAI on my last truck, but it was a half ton gasser. There was actually a surprising increase in power and I was very happy with it.

But this is a different truck and I don't really want to mess with taking it out every time I get my oil changed, especially if I'm not going to get a noticeable gain.

I'm very much leaning toward getting the Torq 2.2. I think I'll give Innovative a call and ask them exactly how it works so they can talk it up and convince me to get one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.