Bank's Automind programmer & my 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile Bank's Automind programmer & my 6.7

I've read on this forum that a lot of guys do not like Bank's products for the new 6.7L Powerstrokes. I bought this tuner and can say that I am 100% satisfied. I have tested the Economy setting and the Super Sport setting. I am currently getting more MPG with the Super Sport setting and much better performance when needed. I'm getting 2.5 - 3 more MPG around town and on the highway according to the onboard computer. I'm replacing my stock air filter with an AFE replacement filter soon and am hoping for even better MPG. The truck has better throttle response and more low end power too. Anyone else tried this tuner and have results they want to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these. My personal experience with Banks is through components purchased by my Dad for his diesels. His experiences were nothing but great. He wasn't building race trucks, but rather trucks that could pull better mile after mile. I've been a Banks fan since then. I don't have any tuning on my truck, but I am encouraged by the results you're having. Since Banks doesn't make DPF off systems, I assume you have full emissions on the truck? Some say tuning will cause more regens, but if Banks tunes for less particulate, they may actually achieve the panacea....more power, less regens. If your mileage is better, maybe that is the case. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I've read on this forum that a lot of guys do not like Bank's products for the new 6.7L Powerstrokes. I bought this tuner and can say that I am 100% satisfied. I have tested the Economy setting and the Super Sport setting. I am currently getting more MPG with the Super Sport setting and much better performance when needed. I'm getting 2.5 - 3 more MPG around town and on the highway according to the onboard computer. I'm replacing my stock air filter with an AFE replacement filter soon and am hoping for even better MPG. The truck has better throttle response and more low end power too. Anyone else tried this tuner and have results they want to share?
Thanks for the information. I to like Banks products and customer service. The Banks Six Gun was great great on my 6.0. Please keep us up to date on tuner. I am curious about the regen frequency. I go roughly every 200 miles. Please advise on your end.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My truck still has all emissions equipment installed and It is not going through regen cycles any more often than before the tuner. Banks does their homework and in my opinion, this tuner proves it.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:21 AM

Is the 2.5-3mpg hand calculated or based off the in dash display

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is based on the on board calculator. I used to get 17.5 MPG on the highway using this system and now get 20-21 MPG. My city driving used to net me 15-16 MPG and now I'm averaging 18-18.5
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM

Hey guys how is the power ? Is there a good boost in acceleration ? Thanks
Old 06-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Very good boost in power. Again, I have been 100% satisfied with the Automind tuner. There are tuners out there that will give you more power but this one is emissions friendly and has increased my MPG. Bank's did their homework.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
That is based on the on board calculator. I used to get 17.5 MPG on the highway using this system and now get 20-21 MPG. My city driving used to net me 15-16 MPG and now I'm averaging 18-18.5
You need to hand calculate your mileage. Those on board calculators are never right. My last fill up my truck told me I got 20.5 mpg but when I did the calculations on my phone (I have an app for that) I only got 18.9 mpg which is still good considering how I drive lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy_270 For This Useful Post:
Bluesrxman (02-08-2014)
Old 06-06-2013, 04:59 PM

Ok. Now I am excited.

hmdavid, I am interested in how many miles you've driven with the tuner in place. And, is there a reason you're replacing the intake? Have you pulled anything with the tuner in place and have you seen any changes?

Thanks for the information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.