carli coilover - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
carli coilover

Who is running this lift? How does it ride? Is it easy to adjust the lift height? Will it fit 37x13.50 r20? I have the bmf 20x9 novakanes on mt truck now, I want to get the lift but I dont want rubbing issues. Just need some more info on the lift from the consumer stand point before I pull the trigger. I really didnt want to spend this much money, but I am keeping the truck for awhile and why not settle for nothing but the best. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood1983 View Post
Who is running this lift? How does it ride? Is it easy to adjust the lift height? Will it fit 37x13.50 r20? I have the bmf 20x9 novakanes on mt truck now, I want to get the lift but I dont want rubbing issues. Just need some more info on the lift from the consumer stand point before I pull the trigger. I really didnt want to spend this much money, but I am keeping the truck for awhile and why not settle for nothing but the best. Thanks
I'll let customers chime in as to the ride and who's running it but yes, it's easy to adjust the height but we do not recommend doing it as the height is set and the components in the kit are all built around a 4.5" lift height. It will fit the 37" tire so long as your wheel is no more than 9" wide with 5-5.5" of backspacing.

You may get better response posting this in the suspension section! Good luck with your build!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM

Thanks oc I just want to know if ajusting the coilover will mess them up or effect the ride quality. Also will carli build my a 6" system or can you get one?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We currently do not have plans to build a 6" as our 4.5" is more like a 5" in all actuality. It allows for the same tire fitment as a 6" but the 6" becomes much more involved. Adjusting the coilover to 6" will basically max out your steering linkage and heim on the track bar. We do not recommend it and you'll lose 1.5" of down travel as well.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:49 AM

Thanks again oc im just concerned w tire fitment and rubbing issues w thw 4.5" system. Before I get this lift I want to know if this will work for my application running the 37x13.50r20.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No problem, as stated in my second post "It will fit the 37" tire so long as your wheel is no more than 9" wide with 5-5.5" of backspacing."
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 AM

Thanks again oc now to choose the coilover or pintop. Which one rides better more on the highway vs offroad?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

They ride identical. The only reason to get the coilover over the pintop would be for the height adjustability or to run bypass shocks with it. Otherwise, you can get a pintop system with stainless steel shafts and full leaf springs for less than the price you'd pay for a coilover that has standard shafts and add-a-packs. Plus, the pintop will ride much better and be more reliable in the above configuration.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood1983 View Post
Thanks again oc im just concerned w tire fitment and rubbing issues w thw 4.5" system. Before I get this lift I want to know if this will work for my application running the 37x13.50r20.
Those BMF's have a 5" backspace so with those tires you will clear the body but you will need to pull the plastic inner liner back an inch which is super easy. You will also touch the outer bumper bracket in the front which you can either trim,remove, or space the bumper forward about .25-.5".

I would suggest the full leaf option for the rear to center the axle in the wheel well in addition to the superior ride and elimination of the lift blocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.