So since i installed my Exhaust.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So since i installed my Exhaust....

for some odd reason when my truck hits its correct temps for the defuels to turn off, or when the truck is warmed up. At stop lights or reversing it sounds like its revving up a little, The boost will read 1 psi, but then it will go away and return to a normal idle.... Idk if there is a vacuum leak or if its because it is straight piped and loosing back pressure. Keep in mind i have full h&s deletes also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck does the same thing but it shows my pyro at 2600 deg when it's shut off and it just started doing it when I put my exhaust on I am running h&s unlocked on my 2013
Old 05-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

probably cycling the VGT to keep in exercised
Old 05-08-2013, 04:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine does it to. It's because of the pyro reading.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So what does all this mean...
Old 05-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

1. Is the RPM actually rising? Or are you just hearing a tone change in the engine? The variable vane turbo system will do periodic full sweep position checks to validate it is working correctly. You will hear a change in exhaust note during this check.
2. In order to read exhaust gas temperatures with an H&S Product while running High Sulfur Calibrations, you must install an aftermarket EGT solution. The OEM EGT sensors are turned off on such calibrations, and honestly are far enough down the exhaust stream that they are meaningless anyways. The high temperatures you might now be seeing are erroneous info and just due to the recalibration process that is done by H&S to enable the device to read a factory DPF temperature probe installed into the original EGR temperature probe location. If you don't have an EGT solution, switch your pyro source over to H&S Pyro, or turn your defuels off and pick another gauge from display.

Hope that helps. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
1. Is the RPM actually rising? Or are you just hearing a tone change in the engine? The variable vane turbo system will do periodic full sweep position checks to validate it is working correctly. You will hear a change in exhaust note during this check.
2. In order to read exhaust gas temperatures with an H&S Product while running High Sulfur Calibrations, you must install an aftermarket EGT solution. The OEM EGT sensors are turned off on such calibrations, and honestly are far enough down the exhaust stream that they are meaningless anyways. The high temperatures you might now be seeing are erroneous info and just due to the recalibration process that is done by H&S to enable the device to read a factory DPF temperature probe installed into the original EGR temperature probe location. If you don't have an EGT solution, switch your pyro source over to H&S Pyro, or turn your defuels off and pick another gauge from display.

Hope that helps. Thanks!
Thanks! it def has to be the check then.... it just does it quite often which i find kinda odd. My truck already has block off plates but not a full delete.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It sounds great when it cycles. It turns heads!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla6.7 View Post
It sounds great when it cycles. It turns heads!
Hahaha it does though. My buddy asked if my truck was a transformer. When it first did it after we straight piped it lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.