Performance mods and dealer warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Performance mods and dealer warranty

Been lurking around these boards for a while and reading about all of the things that can be done to the truck and am getting ready to start making some changes but I have question first. I am thinking of getting the H&S mini and am wondering what adding that does to the warranty from Ford? If I have to bring it in for something can I remove the mini so Ford won't know? Also, what do I have to do to the exhaust to get the most out of the mini?

I really appreciate the help and enjoy reading these boards.
2013 F250 CC Fx4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

I'm pretty sure the tuner leaves a "footprint" on the PCM
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwby44 View Post
Been lurking around these boards for a while and reading about all of the things that can be done to the truck and am getting ready to start making some changes but I have question first. I am thinking of getting the H&S mini and am wondering what adding that does to the warranty from Ford? If I have to bring it in for something can I remove the mini so Ford won't know? Also, what do I have to do to the exhaust to get the most out of the mini?

I really appreciate the help and enjoy reading these boards.
2013 F250 CC Fx4
To say the least tuners leave permanent foot prints. If anything goes wrong with your truck that major they are going to point the finger at that because its not their product and they are not gonna wanna foot the 3 billion dollar bill for something they dont think they caused. You gotta look at both sides of the fence. Im completely deleted, when i did it i threw away my warranty but thats the rules of the game if you wanna be fast. " IF your not first, your last"!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

SingleCabStroker has it right on. When you tune your truck the computer counts how many times its been "flashed" and then when something major happens and you go to the dealership and they plug into your truck they see that it's been flashed say four or five times where as any ford computer has only flashed your truck once or twice for example and then their goes your warranty(so I believe that's how it works). I'm deleted and spartan tuned but I waited till almost 50,000 miles before I did. The power is increadable on the 200 warhammer tune but my fuel mileage didnt change much like most people's. Either way I'd do it again in a heart beat just for the power and sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.