Alright guys a little help delete or not delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alright guys a little help delete or not delete

Like I said I need a little help. I have an 11 F-350. I do a lot of towing around #15,000 lbs and about 30,000 miles a year. I am getting ready to do a bunch of mods this summer and have been looking at the tuners and deletes for the 6.7.
Here is the deal. I am worried that this more power than stock and crazy high torque numbers are going to not be good for my engine and transmission while towing. I have been through this in the past with my 6.0 edge tuned, 6.4 H&S tuned and I always seemed to have a lot of problems with both of these trucks. like blown head gaskets, blocked egrs and the work's basically. I only put about 40,000 on both of those trucks before I had to trade them in due to all the trouble they had given me. Well now I have my 6.7 with 45,000 miles on the clock stock and I am loving this thing. I haven't had a single issue with the engine or the truck and I am planning on keeping this truck for a long time. The only problem is I am getting a little tired of the lack of noise. I would like to get a little bit more fuel mileage and power out of it while towing and while driving around town.
I guess my main question is. What major differences do you guys see with your H&S deleted and what do you use your truck for and how long have you had it tuned. I Use my truck for a truck not just a grocery get er and I need something that will last. Basically I want actual real life facts and data about what to expect out of a tuned truck that gets used hard. Thanks in advance guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do the deletes and put a mild tow tune on. Removing dpf and muffler will get that mpg and some sound you dont need to add tons of power to make sound.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:02 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thanks for the reply. How is the shifting quality as compared to factory. I know in my 6.4 with the H&S I was always double shifting or slipping or just shifting really hard in general. This is one of the reasons I took the tuner off. I was afraid that one of the times while towing it was going to really do some damage. Also does the programmer have a little better exhaust brake tuned in.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S is a Quality unit. I was afraid of hard shifting/rough running when I was thinking about deleting it. But after 6k miles. Its Extremely close to STOCK. Do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.