2013 with mini maxx - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 with mini maxx

I'm new to the tuner game and have a few questions.

I would like to get my truck tuned up as much as possible without changing the quietness of it. I would love to turn off the urea but not have to do the mechanical removal.

I'm considering a mini maxx not just for the tune but tires and transmission.

What will I notice tuned if I delete nothing? Any problems with just doing that?

What's the best rout to go to keep it quite with stock pipes and still get urea out and maximize power?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am not 100% sure, as I am not tuned....but I believe if you purchase a tune and delete it will require the removal of the stock exhaust. The DPF (which uses fuel to regen) and SCR (which uses urea) are all in one unit under your truck. I am not sure if you can turn off just the SCR. Honestly, I don't know why you would just turn off the SCR and not remove the DPF. Exhaust fluid is no big deal. The DPF and regens are the main reason to delete.

You can tune and have all emissions in place (tune without deletes - currently what is legal in this country for on road use). I have heard mixed reviews on this. There are lots of good posts on here about it.

If you tune and delete, you can buy a new muffled exhaust. Again, some on here have done that.

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Good help ^^

Look in the 6.7 section and talk to the few guys who have tuned and deleted their 2013's.. I'd delete the dpf and egr- the dpf is the main reason for deleting because overtime it's bad on the health of the engine
If you tune with dpf on, your truck will be going into regen more quickly and more often.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the help and advice. Saying I can find a way to do the deletes on a 13. How much louder is it going to be? Any links to muffler that will not kill performance? What about cold air intakes, are they worth it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Look in the 6.4 general section, read the stickies- has info for all the questions you have. Gives you the low down on just about everything ur wanting to know

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes...there are several references to mufflers that folks have installed so they don't have a truck that is as loud.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

there are a few people even installing 2 mufflers and saying it they didnt see a downgrade in performance.... i wouldnt do a "street" tune IMO. deleting everything is the way to go and as long as your not beating your truck to death, its gonna run better and longer

AND I have an S&B intake on my truck and it made a huge difference as opposed to the stock air box
Old 04-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I personally don't think it is too loud with the DPF gone. What you really hear is the turbo whistle and just a tad more deeper rumble during idle and obviously when you nail it. Even during hard acceleration it seems to me that the noise of the air being drawn in from the cold air intake is almost louder than the exhaust. I am thoroughly addicted to the way the truck sounds now compared to stock. All I did was the delete pipe, so I would think an aftermarket exhaust with a muffler would be a little more quiet. Either way I think this is the way the truck should have came from the factory!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbiv View Post
I'm new to the tuner game and have a few questions.

I would like to get my truck tuned up as much as possible without changing the quietness of it. I would love to turn off the urea but not have to do the mechanical removal.

I'm considering a mini maxx not just for the tune but tires and transmission.

What will I notice tuned if I delete nothing? Any problems with just doing that?

What's the best rout to go to keep it quite with stock pipes and still get urea out and maximize power?

Thanks
Well you have to straight pipe it if you wanna turn the urea off you dont have a choice. The dpf filter is what circulates all the black smoke, and the urea is what burns it off (hint: exhaust fluid) You can still tune the truck and notice a big difference with no exhaust change at all. I had it that way for about a week. Just get a mini maxx street tuner
Old 04-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabStroker View Post
Well you have to straight pipe it if you wanna turn the urea off you dont have a choice. The dpf filter is what circulates all the black smoke, and the urea is what burns it off (hint: exhaust fluid) You can still tune the truck and notice a big difference with no exhaust change at all. I had it that way for about a week. Just get a mini maxx street tuner
Did you like the mini maxx when you were running a dpf? was it worth the money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2013 6.7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.