Spartan warhammer review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan warhammer review

So I did a dpf delete and a spartan tune a little while ago hoping to get some better mileage and some more power. So I have the extra power I want but my fuel mileage is still lacking... First off the transmission shifting is not hard, it's firm, but everyone has their own opinion. Second the truck has power, without spooling the turbo or doing a brake stand I can get the truck to spin through second gear, oh and I need traction bars lol. Next the fuel mileage has changed a bit but not as much as I expected but something is better than nothing. First tank I drove my truck like a race car cause the power is adictive and got 15.8 mpg(which I know isn't bad for driving hard). Second tank I slowed down a lot and kept my foot out of it and got 16.5mpg and this tank was mostly highway where as my first tank was about 60/40 highway/city and second tank was 80/20 highway/city. On the highway I usually go between 62-68mph (100-110km/h) so it's not like I drive fast and I'm on stock 275/70r18 tires. Before the dpf delete i would average 14.4-16mpg driving like a grandpa.Overall I love the power and everyone I take for a ride is always surprised with how fast it is but I'm hoping once I do my cold air intake and put on a full exhaust not just the dpf delete pipe and ill get a little more mpg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 AM

Oh and a few more things to add, I did a 1200km (746 miles) highway trip after the delete and tuning doing about 68-70mph hauling my snowmobile in the bed of my truck and averaged 16.3-16.8 mpg. Also two down sides I've noticed is I lost the gear index (the thing that says what gear I'm in) and after tuning my high idle switch now only works when it wants too... Which is a piss off when you wanna warm the truck up quicker in the morning.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_270 View Post
Oh and a few more things to add, I did a 1200km (746 miles) highway trip after the delete and tuning doing about 68-70mph hauling my snowmobile in the bed of my truck and averaged 16.3-16.8 mpg. Also two down sides I've noticed is I lost the gear index (the thing that says what gear I'm in) and after tuning my high idle switch now only works when it wants too... Which is a piss off when you wanna warm the truck up quicker in the morning.
Push the + button once, to get your gear indicator back
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM

Ill give that a try on my way home today, thanks for the info.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 PM

Lol I lost my gear indicator for two weeks before I figured that out I was about to take it to the shop. I know I'm probably gonna be called a liar for this but I've got the fuel reciepts to prove it. I had to make a run to gallatin tennessee this week I had plenty of time for the trip so I wanted to see what the best mpg I could get was. I filled my tires up to 70 psi and put my tailgate down filled up right before I got on the interstate. I set the cruise at 68 mph drove 221 miles and burned 9.286 gallons of fuel which equal 23.8 mpg. I had to drive around in town a few miles before I filled up so that dropped it a little Im sure. Now is the part where I'll probably get flamed lol. On the way back it was a even more boring drive because I decided to set the cruise at 58 but hey it was an experiment..return trip 206 miles burned 7.409 gallons of fuel. That equals out to 27.8 mpg. Granted that slow of a trip will probably never occur again but it was cool to see those numbers in my fuel log one time lol. I'm deleted and have the h&s xrt pro set on the mild tune with a 5in stainless Flo pro exhaust.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM

Wow I wish I could get those numbers lol... I think part of my bad fuel mileage is the fact that I believe most places here in Manitoba Canada are still using winter fuels do to the temps still being below 32F in the morning because last fall doing the same 1200km trip I just did and got 19.7mpg for the first half and 19mpg for the second half doing 62mph with the stock exhaust and programming
Old 04-17-2013, 05:15 PM

You might check your tire pressure i think that has a big effect on your mileage in these trucks. I normally run mine 65psi in the front 70psi in the rear. When I first got my truck they were only at 55psi. Granted the truck rides rougher now but that doesn't bother me. 17-18 mpg is what I was averaging driving how I normally do before I deleted. Now I'm at about 20-21 mpg driving at my normal pace.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:28 PM

Actually on the trip I just did all my tires were in the 40psi range for the first half of the trip where I got 16.8mpg then bumped them all up to 63psi all around and got 16.3mpg. If your wondering why my tires were in the 40psi range was because where I live the one an only road in/out of town is 186 miles, all gravel/crushed granite, and you don't have cell service. Some guy from New Jersey was all the way up here getting pictures of the northern lights and got his jeep patriot stuck in the snow (still lots of snow where I live) about 100 feet off the road in a trail. So I went and walked on it and checked it out and it was all hard packed, I decided to be a nice guy and pull him out... Long story short I got my 350 stuck and an hour and a half later my buddy and I got the truck out. That was in the first 160 miles of my 750 mile trip, so I just stopped for fuel in the next town and kept going until I reached the next gas station 200 miles later and got better fuel mileage than I did at 63psi lol...
Old 04-17-2013, 05:56 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
200 tune, daily driven, freeway and stop and go 40 miles round trip. 16.8
Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 PM

Just filled up again today and got 16.5mpg, overall driving was about 70/30 highway/city. I wasn't driving like my truck a grandpa but I wasn't driving it like a race car either. Hey TampaSteve, how's your driving style when you average 16.8mpg?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
delete, dpf, fuel, spartan, tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.