driveline vibes w/10" lift... HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
driveline vibes w/10" lift... HELP!

Those of you with lifted CC LB's what are you using for a rear driveshaft. I lifted my 2011 F350 dually CC LB 10 inches and no matter what I do I can not get rid of this driveline vibration. So far I've tried rotating the pinion up 5 degrees, a custom 1.5 inch transmission drop mount, completely rebuilding the driveshaft and of course shimming the the carrier bearing and nothing seems to help. After doing all that I looked into getting a one piece drive shaft made but no local driveline shop will build me a one piece that long. Some of the guys over on the cummins forum with similiar issues seem be getting away with a one piece without any issues. I am completely at my wits end with this issue. Anyone here have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My 8" lift came with a 4" drop for drive shaft.....a 1" Drop comes with 6" lifts

I'd say u dont have enough drop. Mine was a cc/sb even pushed that 8" to about 11" with same bracket and never had any vibes.

Look up pmf suspensions......they will get u set up with a completely adjustable drop bracket.

http://www.pmfsuspension.com/Adjusta...cket_p_15.html

Last edited by jayz; 03-14-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:15 PM

I have shimed this situation with as little as an 1" up 3" and it will just not go away. I think 4" would be too much on a long box as the drive shaft is virtually straight right now at the center ujoint, 4" would reverse the driveline angles. I should mention also I carry moderate loads in the truck also which changes the dshaft angles slightly and I've noticed that if its shimmed decently empty it will vibrate like crazy with even a slight load. I really would like to run a one piece driveshaft but would like to know if anyone else has done it.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not in a new truck.. But i had a CCLB with around 10"s and after running a 1 Piece shaft.. it took care of all of my vibration..
Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJ View Post
Not in a new truck.. But i had a CCLB with around 10"s and after running a 1 Piece shaft.. it took care of all of my vibration..
Any idea what kind of length you were dealing with? Aluminum or steel?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 PM

Are u having a shutter off the line only or vibration at any speeds? I have a bulletproof 12 inch on my cclb 2011 and only shutter on take off then smoothe from there. I know a one piece drive shaft would cure our problems but was not aware they made them that long
Attached Thumbnails
driveline vibes w/10" lift... HELP!-20130219_143806.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM

I only get the shudder if I shim the bearing less then 2 inches vibration remains through out. I starting to think maybe my driveshaft is out of balance seems alot of people running as big or bigger lifts with little problem.
I would still like to ditch the 2 piece though.

I think I may have found a solution it appears a place in texas makes an 86" one for the dodge guys out of 5 inch aluminum tubing. they have it on trucks dyno'ing 1200 hp so its definitely strong enough. I'm going to look into it. Just have to go out and measure mine to see if thats long enough for a ford.

A good set of traction bars will eliminate the shudder though. I did that on my 08 and it was smooth all the way up to 220km/h.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 PM

I can't remember the company. But there is one here in San Antonio that will do them..

I can't tell you the length, But it was 5" aluminum, Thats the only way he would do it. Wouldn't go any skinnier, or use any other metal..

I wasn't running a diesel, but a 400hp Gaser and I beat the hell out of it in the mud, and never had any problems with it.

I will try and figure out the company name and get it too you.

Would be difficult to ship though.. But i'll see what they say
Old 03-14-2013, 06:19 PM

Found it.. Driveshafts unlimited.. I remember when I had mine done.. It was pricey.. But well worth the wait..

*The source for High Performance Drive Shafts, PTO Shafts, and Aluminum Shafts-Drive Shafts Unlimited Texas
Old 03-14-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJ View Post
Found it.. Driveshafts unlimited.. I remember when I had mine done.. It was pricey.. But well worth the wait..

*The source for High Performance Drive Shafts, PTO Shafts, and Aluminum Shafts-Drive Shafts Unlimited Texas
Thanks! I'll give them a shout and see what they have to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.