Carli 2.5 Leveling kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Carli 2.5 Leveling kit

So I installed a Carli 2.5 leveling kit, now everytime I hit a bump the front end creaks/squeaks.

Everything is installed right, could just need to break in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 03:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would repost in the suspension forum...Look for the Official Carli Thread....
Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosegodz View Post
I would repost in the suspension forum...Look for the Official Carli Thread....

or pm OCVeloMan (?) he seems to be on top of everything.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
or pm OCVeloMan (?) he seems to be on top of everything.
X2 on ocv......but I'm thinking its the track bar end!

Ps...how's the ride? Which kit did you go with?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
X2 on ocv......but I'm thinking its the track bar end!

Ps...how's the ride? Which kit did you go with?
The ride is great, I wish it lifted it more but oh well. Also install went perfect, very nice kit. WIsh I would figure out this noise...

Last edited by wreedPS; 02-07-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 AM

That's great! I'd say wd-40 the spring insolators (rubber between coil and bucket up top) and also the bottom bucket also.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedPS View Post
So I installed a Carli 2.5 leveling kit, now everytime I hit a bump the front end creaks/squeaks.

Everything is installed right, could just need to break in?
A creak/squeak could be one of several things pertaining to installation. The track bar will usually not squeak but ensure it's properly torqued on both ends, as is the frame bracket. Double check to ensure there is NO play in your track bar ball joint. Another few things to check, Ensure the coils are properly indexed in the coil seats and the isolators are straight and properly seated.

Many people fail to reset the bushings during installation as well; tis can also cause a squeak. The frame end of the radius arm has a vulcanized bushing. When a leveling system is installed, the bushing is 2" into down-travel bind at ride height. Make sure to loosen the bolt on the frame side bushing to allow the bushing to "unwind" which will set the new center of travel for this bushing. This will ensure the bushing operates as designed throughout up/down travel.

If you're still having issues after all this, know that steering linkage and ball joints are also prone to squeaking. Further, it could be something as simple as the 5100 seals settling/mating to the shock shaft. The shafts are damp from assembly but as the shocks cycle they break in and become less noisy. PM me if you have any issues!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
A creak/squeak could be one of several things pertaining to installation. The track bar will usually not squeak but ensure it's properly torqued on both ends, as is the frame bracket. Double check to ensure there is NO play in your track bar ball joint. Another few things to check, Ensure the coils are properly indexed in the coil seats and the isolators are straight and properly seated.

Many people fail to reset the bushings during installation as well; tis can also cause a squeak. The frame end of the radius arm has a vulcanized bushing. When a leveling system is installed, the bushing is 2" into down-travel bind at ride height. Make sure to loosen the bolt on the frame side bushing to allow the bushing to "unwind" which will set the new center of travel for this bushing. This will ensure the bushing operates as designed throughout up/down travel.

If you're still having issues after all this, know that steering linkage and ball joints are also prone to squeaking. Further, it could be something as simple as the 5100 seals settling/mating to the shock shaft. The shafts are damp from assembly but as the shocks cycle they break in and become less noisy. PM me if you have any issues!
Sorry I just saw this after I just sent you a email.

Are the coil isolators at the top of the coils? I do believe the coils are properly indexed as I made sure of that when they were installed.

Is there any way to show me a picture of the radius arm bushing I need to loosen? I dont know what you are speaking of.

Thank you!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Is there any way to show me a picture of the radius arm bushing I need to loosen? I dont know what you are speaking of.
Dan is talkign about the main bolt on each side where the radius arm bolts to the frame bracket.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 AM

Yes I figured that out. So I just need to loosen and re tighten? Or do I need to compress the suspension a little bit? I guess I could just jump up and down own my big ranch hand bumper..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.