Gale Banks with an interesting article - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 08:59 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gale Banks 151+hp on 6.7 and thoughts on Rolling coal with an interesting article

Has anyone seen this article??

http://assets.bankspower.com/mag_art...Jan13_carb.pdf

Gale spits some knowledge and challenges anyone in Diesel to try and beat him.

Being I am in California, I have to stick to tougher rules for inspection, so DPF on tuning is pretty much what I have to stick to. Also, the tuning company's are getting the smackdown these days as well, and the DPF off tuning is going underground.

Banks is claiming 150+ hp with DPF on tuning for the 6.7. Anyone have one of his tuners? Thoughts on them?

PS He basically calls rolling coal idiotic (my take on the article, not his words) and an inefficient use of fuel.

Last edited by Clomax; 02-05-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im glad I dont live in california so my deleted stuff can stay in the shed. I wonder how many regen you will get like 1 every 50 miles.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood1983 View Post
Im glad I dont live in california so my deleted stuff can stay in the shed. I wonder how many regen you will get like 1 every 50 miles.
That's the big question!!

However, it seems in the article that he is aiming for better efficiency in tunes so as not waste fuel through the exhaust process. With advances in technology, it is only a matter of time before someone develops a more efficient system that won't choke the power down so far. Let's hope so at least.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Banks has always been about standing on the stump and preaching how others are inefficient, but he can never compete with the power and fuel numbers of..well. anyone else..
I wouldn't waste a second on Gale Banks, read a single article he wrote, or waste a cent on any of his self hyped products.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM

+1 for Banks not being what it's hyped up to be. Overpriced and inferior products across the board.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
Banks has always been about standing on the stump and preaching how others are inefficient, but he can never compete with the power and fuel numbers of..well. anyone else..
I wouldn't waste a second on Gale Banks, read a single article he wrote, or waste a cent on any of his self hyped products.
While I can't really say I've used any of his products since I am on my 1st diesel. un-modded as of yet, he does hold the NHRDA title. That can't be argued against. I'm pretty sure he is a knowledgeable guy, and his article mostly has to do with black smoke vs efficiency opinions as well as issues in California. He is claiming 151+hp on a DPF on tune. While I am sure you have extensive knowledge on diesel mechanics, I can't assume Banks doesn't know what he is doing at all. How would you know whether or not there is any merit to his article if you don't read it.

I'm not being antagonistic here, just a question of course. I am quite curious about DPF on tuning since I do live in California. So I was inquiring if anyone has used his new product for the 6.7. I am leaning towards the TORQ 2.2 right now, but I am also waiting to see what new products from H&S come down the pipe for DPF on tunes.

Respectfully
Clay
Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 AM

Gale Banks with an interesting article

That record is nothing more than marketing. The fact is that nobody really cares except Banks marketing department. I would concentrate less on fluff like that, and more on the product you are actually buying with your hard earned money.

I think after you have your diesel for a year or two, and learn about what actually works with results as advertised vs. a glossed up magazine add that bashes the superior competition for better results, you will find out what Banks engineering is all about.
In the meantime, I would trust the fact that Banks is probably the least respected, most overpriced diesel modification supplier of them all, and for a well deserved reason.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by George C; 02-09-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
Maybe you should read the article. We may not use his products on our trucks and his stuff may be over priced. But you cannot say the man dosnt know what he's talking about.
As far as Banks standing on the stump, he's their cause aint nobody pushed him off the stump. imo
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 AM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
H&s hot damn with low boost fueling at zero, he will ask who's dpf ON tuning do you run the issue is not putting dpf's on vehicles to stop smoke it's all in the tuning. If people wouldn't be writing lope and smoke tunes this EPA nonsense wouldn't have happened for Atleast a few more years. The smoke tunes, diesels in the hands of high schoolers with no jobs, and just plain idiots are the ones we have to thank. Hopefully dpf on tuning gets some much needed attention from tuners. Somehow there needs to have powerful tunes with minimal soot. Hopefully h&s doesn't fold and can put some time in on tuning for dpf on and be at the top of the game with dpf still intact. But only time will tell
Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
H&s hot damn with low boost fueling at zero, he will ask who's dpf ON tuning do you run the issue is not putting dpf's on vehicles to stop smoke it's all in the tuning. If people wouldn't be writing lope and smoke tunes this EPA nonsense wouldn't have happened for Atleast a few more years. The smoke tunes, diesels in the hands of high schoolers with no jobs, and just plain idiots are the ones we have to thank. Hopefully dpf on tuning gets some much needed attention from tuners. Somehow there needs to have powerful tunes with minimal soot. Hopefully h&s doesn't fold and can put some time in on tuning for dpf on and be at the top of the game with dpf still intact. But only time will tell

What he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.