Downpipe back w/ muffler sound - flo pro or mbrp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Downpipe back w/ muffler sound - flo pro or mbrp

dumb question, but any sound difference at all between the 4" flo pro and mbrp, both with muffler? looking for the quietest one.

thx,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Supporting Vendor

Don't forget to look at aFe too. I'm very happy with the results.

Had the mbrp dpf back. It's very close to the shock which is a problem with piggybacks and it is not upgradeable to 5" SS Delete if you choose to do so at a later date. aFe's 5" is a true 5" from the downpipe back.

Got all my stuff from ptp. Good prices and quick.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Re: Downpipe back w/ muffler sound - flo pro or mbrp

Got just a delete pipe now and don't like noise level. Debating on a full downpipe back with muffler, but don't know which one is quietest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

another member here mentioned a donaldson muffler, but I'd prefer not to hack up my delete pipe and weld the donaldson in.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcm5080 View Post
dumb question, but any sound difference at all between the 4" flo pro and mbrp, both with muffler? looking for the quietest one.

thx,
Don't mean to be off topic but, what made you decide to come back to the dark side? I was following a couple of your other posts about being deleted, it was really helpful if my decision as well, thank you for that by the way!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshelton13 View Post
Don't mean to be off topic but, what made you decide to come back to the dark side? I was following a couple of your other posts about being deleted, it was really helpful if my decision as well, thank you for that by the way!
Lol, well I took everything off and put back to stock. idk, man. i can't make up my mind! i guess i am hoping i can get the best of both worlds (in my mind).

what did you end up doing?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcm5080 View Post
Lol, well I took everything off and put back to stock. idk, man. i can't make up my mind! i guess i am hoping i can get the best of both worlds (in my mind).

what did you end up doing?
I ended up doing the H&S Mini Maxx and MBRP 4" Delete Pipe. I read your post about "regretting doing the delete" about 30 times! I think everything you said is a legitmate concern. So I don't necessarily disagree with what was said. But after reading and weighing the concerns for me, I ended up pulling the trigger. I will say that I can't really have the windows down at stoplights sometimes, thanks to the diesel smell, WOW its strong! There is just some things that I am willing to deal with for the benefits of being deleted. But I guess I can deal with it, I'm used to it after working around diesels for years.

I think that you are doing the right thing and figuring out what works for you and your situation. If you can afford to try out different things and different exhaust and get the best setup for you go for it! Good luck with whatever you decide. There are plenty of helpful people on the .org to point you in the right direction.

Also, did you have any issues going back to stock, CEL's, probelms with the tuning, DPF reinstall, anything you would care to share?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshelton13 View Post
I ended up doing the H&S Mini Maxx and MBRP 4" Delete Pipe. I read your post about "regretting doing the delete" about 30 times! I think everything you said is a legitmate concern. So I don't necessarily disagree with what was said. But after reading and weighing the concerns for me, I ended up pulling the trigger. I will say that I can't really have the windows down at stoplights sometimes, thanks to the diesel smell, WOW its strong! There is just some things that I am willing to deal with for the benefits of being deleted. But I guess I can deal with it, I'm used to it after working around diesels for years.

I think that you are doing the right thing and figuring out what works for you and your situation. If you can afford to try out different things and different exhaust and get the best setup for you go for it! Good luck with whatever you decide. There are plenty of helpful people on the .org to point you in the right direction.

Also, did you have any issues going back to stock, CEL's, probelms with the tuning, DPF reinstall, anything you would care to share?
Only one issue going back to stock... Make sure you snip ALL of your zip ties holding up the sensor wiring BEFORE you reinstall the CAT/DPF. Lol! I forgot to snip one zip tie and it was way up above the DPF in and around something else.

5 cuts to the arm and 30 minutes later, I finally got it without removing the CAT/DPF again.

Not counting that, returning to stock was surprisingly easy and fast. Just return mini maxx back to stock then remove aftermarket items. Simple.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just used the muffler that was on my stock exhaust pipe. As far as the sound goes, its a perfect blend. Quiet when Im cruising and loud when I get on it....
Old 02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
4" flo-pro dual muffler, quiet as stock, very audible turbo whistle, no drone at any cruising speeds. Loving it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.