Have some questions and opinion needed on delete etc. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Have some questions and opinion needed on delete etc.

My truck only has 10k on the clock and I am not going to delete/tune/etc until the 36k bumper to bumper runs out. Since how the EPA is cracking down so hard on our trucks I am going to go on and buy all of the stuff and put it the garage for the next 26k. I know I know the likelyhood of it sitting there for 26k is probably not going to happen, but I'm gonna try. Lol. Here are my plans.

Spartan tuner
AFE 5" DP back (since they are the only true 5")
CAI - need opinions on this one.
Sinister EGR delete.

Ok now the questions and opinions
I would like your opinion on the AFE 5". How does it sound? How easy was install?
I would also like your opinion on which CAI to get.
Does anyone know the thread size for the stock egt probes? Since H&S plates are impossible to get now I am going to drill and tap the correct thread into the Sinister kit. If I can find out the thread size.

I had a MBRP 5" on my 6.0 with the '03 turbo. If any of you had this at one time, can you compare the sound of the 5" on the 6.7 to the 5" on the 6.0. I know the sound difference in the 6.0 turbo's so if you had the quiet turbo that would be good also. I do not like how the 4" tries to pop like a gasser at WOT, this is why I prefer a 5".

I also had an S&B intake on my 6.0, it was pretty much the gold standard for the 6.0 above 500RWHP. Is it still the best for the 6.7 or is there another one better. Is stock better than aftermarket like it was with the 6.0 up to 500 RWHP? I care more about clean air than dusting turbo's, just dont like the whole "back to the 7.3 filter design." I will never understand that move by Ford.

Thanks any and all opinions/help is appreciated.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using AutoGuide App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post
Spartan tuner
AFE 5" DP back (since they are the only true 5")
CAI - need opinions on this one.
Sinister EGR delete.
I would get the H&S over the Spartan if you can still find one with the deleted tuning. Simply for customer support more than anything being a lot better with H&S compared to Spartan from what I've read all over the forums.

The S&B is still considered the gold standard by the majority of the members on here, the important thing to do though is when installing it DO NOT install the plastic lid over the filter. It breathes a ton better without it which means better power and mpg. It flows a ton more than stock also and adds a nice growl to the truck.

I'm not sure where you got your information that the AFE is the only true 5"...MBRP/Flow Pro/Diamond Eye/and several others make a full 5" for the 6.7L trucks. As far as turbo sound the 6.7L doesn't sound like a straight piped 6.0 at all. You don't hear crazy whistle at idle like those trucks you only hear exhaust sound. When you do hit the gas though you definitely hear turbo whoosh and the blow off valve squeal a lot. If you don't know what I mean by that just check straight piped 6.7L on youtube and you can hear what I'm talking about.

I can guarantee you this...once you delete it, you'll never want to go back. It's a whole different truck after that.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM

Have some questions and opinion needed on delete etc.

What the 100k diesel engine warranty ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM

Re: Have some questions and opinion needed on delete etc.

Thanks for the info.

The reason I said that it was the only true 5" is because it was the only one that I could find on all the diesel sites. All of the rest of them look like they are 4" til about 2 or 3 foot from the rear axle, at least that it what the pics look like.

I originally wanted an H&S but waited to long. I have also heard that H&S has better customer service but as of right now I don't know anyone that has a brand new one. Maybe a vendor will chime in. I know I can probably find a used one on eBay but I don't feel to comfortable using used electronics that is going to reprogram my $60k truck. There are some weird people out there that will do stupid things just to know that it will cause someone else harm. Have also heard that Spartan has been stepping up on CS lately.

You don't happen to know the stock egt threads do you? I guess I could just call H&S, I just thought about that. I'm positive that they would know.

Thanks again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM

I have rode in one that was deleted and I am going to try real hard to wait til 36k. Don't know how well that will go though. Having all the parts just sitting there calling my name and begging to be put on. Lol.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post
I have rode in one that was deleted and I am going to try real hard to wait til 36k. Don't know how well that will go though. Having all the parts just sitting there calling my name and begging to be put on. Lol.

I didn't even last a week after I received mine! I put it on at almost exactly where you are too, right at 10k. I hope you can hold out longer than I did. But after I put it on I do have a regret....I regret that I did not do it sooner! Have fun!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2012 View Post
What the 100k diesel engine warranty ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
God no. No way I can wait that long. I'm already missing my tuned, etc 6.0. I'm gonna try to hold out to the 36k bumper to bumper runs out.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshelton13 View Post
I didn't even last a week after I received mine! I put it on at almost exactly where you are too, right at 10k. I hope you can hold out longer than I did. But after I put it on I do have a regret....I regret that I did not do it sooner! Have fun!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Im sure that I will have fun. Whichever tuner I get I probably won't ever go over the 150-175 tune range. I know that it wont actually give me 175 hp but I figure that will be enough on top of what it already has. At least that will be my philosophy until the aftermarket comes up with better turbo's, fuel systems, and fixes for the rest of the weak parts. Oh and some rods if I get real ignorant with it. Lol. Yall know how it is, once you start the mod process it never stops.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using AutoGuide App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.