Industrial Injection twins - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Industrial Injection twins

Anybody on here running this kit or any other for that matter? I talked to them today and they said their shop truck has had this kit for over a year and makes over 522hp with stock internals. Im very interested in this kit but want to hear from other people making over 500hp with their 6.7. i've also thought about running a MP-8 with my mini maxx to squeez out a little more power. Im just looking for some input. Thanks all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 PM

How much HP/TQ can the stock tranny hold?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM

Not sure but i think its supposed to be one of the stronger stock trannys.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Industrial Injection twins

The tranny isn't what you have to worry about its the connecting rods that will break and bend over 600 hundred horse

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 AM

The truth of the matter is that the 6.7L is a weak pile of crap to work with if you intend to modify it. I have a hard time seeing myself owning this engine even if left stock, but modifying it with added turbo pressure on flimsy rods should be out of the question..
The rods are extremely weak. If ID claims to run this kit on their stock internals, I would call their bluff and have them back it up with a warranty on the rods.
I think we all know what their answer will be.

If you are interested in that kit, do yourself a favor and forget about ID's BS claim and install a set of aftermarket rods. Now, you have some assurance of survival.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM

Thats why im asking if anyone out there is pushing the the limit. I know about the rods but that was one truck. Plus now that mcc is out i would assume they could change tye tuning and get the engine to take the power a little better. Ive heard people say the turbos are crap.too but i push almost 40psi with mine and havent had a problem yet.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman115 View Post
Thats why im asking if anyone out there is pushing the the limit. I know about the rods but that was one truck. Plus now that mcc is out i would assume they could change tye tuning and get the engine to take the power a little better. Ive heard people say the turbos are crap.too but i push almost 40psi with mine and havent had a problem yet.

40 psi is A LOT, H&S says defuel at 32 bud! I don't agree with there statement being BS, only cause H&S also has a 6.7 pushing 600 with a custom single on stock rods also. Are the 6.7 knowing for bad rods and turbos.... Yes but like the 6.4s being bad with head gaskets NOT EVERY ONE HAD THE PROBLEM. It's a matter of how u drive it balls to the wall driving means pony up some money now or later on making it stronger. If you did twins I'd say rods too, why cause they are puny and have been knowing to bend.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 AM

Haha i know what the h and s defuel is thanks. But after getting my tunes from powerbuilder id be hitting the defuel all the time. But i also have a lead foot. I saw the video on the big single which points even more to the fact that with tuning the rods on these trucks can hold. Im just hoping more people will be trying to reach these numbers now that mcc is out and people wont put a set of compounds on stock tuning.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman115 View Post
Haha i know what the h and s defuel is thanks. But after getting my tunes from powerbuilder id be hitting the defuel all the time. But i also have a lead foot. .
Who is this "powerbuilder" you speak of? Well hell yea, what's the point of go fast goodies if YOU AIN'T GONNA GO FAST!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 AM

I belive i found him on the h and s forum when i was looking for a lope tune. He sent me thay a race tune and mpg tune. If you look up 6.7 lope tune i think his truck is one of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.