my spartan is acting up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my spartan is acting up

Ever since my first go around with installing my spartan ive been a little gun shy with the turbo going out. I kept it on the 80 horse, then I upped it to the 120 for quite awhile. But lately I installed the 160 and I like the power, but I am very very worried when I pull a trailer of any sort.

This is now the 3rd time that my truck has completely shut down while driving down the highway. It has always been while having a trailer on the back and driving down the highway. When I get to a hill, I always take the cruise control off and drive myself due to this issue. When my truck has to gear down to 5th gear and the boost goes to what looks like almost 40 pounds, the truck will beep and then completely shut down, it did it to me twice while hauling the sled trailer on christmas break.

The first time it happened i almost hit the ditch due to no power steering but I managed to come to a stop. Turned the key off, turned it back on and started up and no lights were on so I drove away.

These last 2 times it happened during christmas break, I was climbing a hill and it shut down, so I popped it in neutral, shut the key off and back on and put it in drive, i could tell that the computer was confused and searching for the right gear to go in, but at the very least I didnt have to stop on the mountain side in the traffic.

I'm wondering if anyone else on here tows with the spartan on the 160 and has had these problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You honestly think you can have a 160 tune in and pull anything? Think about that to yourself... What's your EGTs?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sure, this wasn't what I was getting at.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Have you called sparten about this problem, obviously it should just be defuling and not shutting down completly....have you tried turning off all of your defuel settings?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I emailed mick at spartan and I managed to get a code, P0093. It reads fuel leak, large fuel leak. Mick said he knows of only one other person that had this issue and it started with the big tune and progressively got worse even on lower settings. So it could possibly be the hi or lo pressure fuel pump slowly giving out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.